You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Membership upgrade?

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

NCoats737 08 Sep 16, 21:28Post
I have paid through paypal a monthly membership upgrade to first-class and yet I still see economy membership. I was under the impression this was a automatic transaction to be changed over or am I missing a step?

Thanks for the help!
Beat it to fit, paint it to match.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 08 Sep 16, 21:51Post
Stand by, looking into it...
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 08 Sep 16, 22:09Post
OK, now that PayPal's front page has stopped crashing my video drivers...

I've added a month's First Class manually to tide you over while we sort the rest out, so you should be able to use that now.

This looks like something we've seen before. If I'm right, it's a PayPal issue, and it'll sort itself out.

I see two payments from you in our account, both showing as Completed. That should normally be enough to add the membership automatically, as you would expect.

Underneath it's a bit complicated.

You might expect (as I did when I had to code this mess) that you'd go to PayPal, pay, then come back here, when you came back PayPal would say "yep, he paid, you can have him back now".

What actually happens is, you go to PayPal, pay, and they say "here, have him back". The "yep, he paid" part happens separately. It usually happens immediately, or so close to immediately that nobody notices. What seems to be happening in this case is that PayPal haven't gotten around to telling us that you paid yet. I've seen this take close to 24 hours on one occasion, but any delay at all is unusual.

We get a PM from the system when PayPal does get around to notifying it, so if I don't see one of those in the next day or so I'll take it up with them. There have been no relevant code changes since the last successful payment (unlike last time this happened, when I'd just uploaded changes to our payment handler and thought it was my fault {yuck} ).
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
NCoats737 08 Sep 16, 22:24Post
Sounds like some fun times... Thanks for the help!
NCoats737 09 Sep 16, 00:43Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Stand by, looking into it...

Looks like one of the automated messages finally came through. Thanks again for the help!