You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

Trip Report - AA 913 MIA-BOG - 17 JUN 09

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Jun 09, 00:25Post
I had to come down again to see how the structural work is going on a sick Herky Bird.

AA913 MIA-BOG
Gate D44
Scheduled Departure: 10:10
Actual Departure: 10:48
Equipment: Boeing 767-300ER
Seat: 5J
Scheduled Arrival: 12:35
Actual Arrival: 12:53

Plane was late for some reason they didn't tell us, we were pushed back, started engines and taxied to and departed on RWY 26L. Maintained runway heading to 5,000 Feet and made the left turn to head south.

The service was poor to say the very least. The IFE in Business consisted of a movie on the overhead and bulkhead monitors. They did not issue any personal media players. I was reading a book along with an iPod; I was set.

The usual bowl of warm nuts and a drink. I had water, wasn't in the mood yet to look to see if the sun was past the yard arm.

Food consisted of filet of fish or Raviolis. I took the Raviolis as somebody here had a bad experience with AA's fish.
Washed it down with some red wine.

The cabin crew was ok. The purser was not very pleasant, but the other flight attendants made up for her negativity.

Started our descent about 35 minutes out, which put us on the approach and landing to 13R.

All I had was carry-on, no checked luggage. There was a line at the immigration kiosks as two other international flights arrived with us.

Took the hotel shuttle and checked in. I was soon picked up to be taken out to the Air Base.

A side note, we drove along the road next to the field where the Kalitta 747 packed it in last year. There's some green tarps up, but there isn't any evidence of the crash that took place.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I will get some on my way back home on Friday.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 18 Jun 09, 12:04Post
Have a safe trip. I'm guessing it's pretty hot down there this time of year.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Jun 09, 12:06Post
Safe travels. Hope you don't encounter too many jobsworth TSA agents on your way back {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...
cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 18 Jun 09, 12:53Post
Hope it goes well down there.

We're now at contract signing stage, so when/if it gets signed I can plan my trip to Colombia. Through MIA with AA is one option of course, but we'd be much more sensible to go via MAD with IB/AV if we can.
Boris (Founding Member) 18 Jun 09, 13:44Post
cornish wrote:Hope it goes well down there.

We're now at contract signing stage, so when/if it gets signed I can plan my trip to Colombia. Through MIA with AA is one option of course, but we'd be much more sensible to go via MAD with IB/AV if we can.

After reading Miamiair's Madrid trip report, I'm not sure the MAD option is more sensible... 8)
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...
jpetekUA777 (Founding Member) 18 Jun 09, 22:52Post
Would love to see the pics, you seem to be getting down there a lot recently. What do yo think of the new business class?

Hope your way back is better than MAD. {crazy}