You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

MIA-BOG on AA

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 06 May 09, 15:09Post
Flying to Bogota this afternoon for some business. I'll be auditing an MRO to assess their capability to perform some significant structural repairs and future PDMs for C-130s.

I'll be flying on American in Business Class on a 757.

I'll post a TR probably later tonight.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 May 09, 15:12Post
Safe Travels . . . .

AA in C . . . good for you.

When do you get back to the real world?
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 06 May 09, 15:18Post
Be careful down there.... have a safe trip.
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 06 May 09, 15:20Post
ANCFlyer wrote:Safe Travels . . . .

AA in C . . . good for you.

When do you get back to the real world?

I'll be doing BOG-CTG on AV(MD83) on Saturday, CTG-MIA on AV(A319) on Tuesday. Trip reports will be prepared of course. :)
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 07 May 09, 03:36Post
Just got to the hotel in BOG.
Let's say we started with a 1.25 Hr delay; some passenger was unaccounted for and they had to search for and remove the missing passenger's luggage.

Got a few pics I'll load tomorrow.

AA915 MIA-BOG. I had seat 3F. We departed MIA on 08R and headed up to FL350. It was smooth until we hit some chop over Cuba then it settled down for the most part.

The food was ok, but that was it. The choices were jasmin rice with shrimp or some sort of beef. I went with the beef after hearing another member's misfortune with the seafood {duck}

The cabin crew were excellent, they kept the red wine topped off.

IFE consisted of "The Yes Man" on the monitors. I passed, I brought my DVD player and watched "The Hitman."

We landed on 13R with a short taxi to the gate. Immigration was easym but everyone in the airport (not pax) were wearing masks and gloves {crazy}

I collected my luggage and noticed TSA had gone into my luggage. Bastards. Don't know yet if anything is missing.

More details as I remember them...
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 May 09, 03:49Post
Nice to see you got down there in one piece . . . last time I was in Colombia . . . well, nevermind . . . {guns}

TSA went thru you bags? Haven't had that happen to me this trip. Usually at least once . . . but not this time.

Stay safe, stay in touch.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Spicoli 07 May 09, 04:16Post
Excellent. I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be flying LAX-FLL-CTG in December on Spirit. I think that's how it'll be anyway. When that happens, I'll post a report on it.

Have fun down there. I love Colombia.
I root for natural disasters.

"Feast." A novel. (by Spicoli himself)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJJKOZS
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 07 May 09, 07:33Post
Glad you made it. Have a good time there, and a safe return!
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
davestan_ksan 07 May 09, 09:17Post
Glad you got there safe Vic. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Digging through bags sucks by the way. What makes it worse is the idiot passengers don't even know what their luggage looks like. "Yeah it's a black roller bag." Sigh. {grumpy}

Anyway, best of luck with things. Come home safe. :)
John 16:33 | Gary Johnson 2012
halls120 (Plank Owner) 07 May 09, 11:34Post
miamiair wrote:Just got to the hotel in BOG.
Let's say we started with a 1.25 Hr delay; some passenger was unaccounted for and they had to search for and remove the missing passenger's luggage.

Got a few pics I'll load tomorrow.

AA915 MIA-BOG. I had seat 3F. We departed MIA on 08R and headed up to FL350. It was smooth until we hit some chop over Cuba then it settled down for the most part.

The food was ok, but that was it. The choices were jasmin rice with shrimp or some sort of beef. I went with the beef after hearing another member's misfortune with the seafood {duck}

The cabin crew were excellent, they kept the red wine topped off.

IFE consisted of "The Yes Man" on the monitors. I passed, I brought my DVD player and watched "The Hitman."

We landed on 13R with a short taxi to the gate. Immigration was easym but everyone in the airport (not pax) were wearing masks and gloves {crazy}

I collected my luggage and noticed TSA had gone into my luggage. Bastards. Don't know yet if anything is missing.

More details as I remember them...

Good thing you were on a 757 and not one of the very worn out AA A300's.

Smart move on the beef vs. shrimp. {mischief}
At home in the PNW and loving it
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 07 May 09, 11:52Post
halls120 wrote:Smart move on the beef vs. shrimp. {mischief}

He should of had the lasagna.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 07 May 09, 13:10Post
Zak wrote:Glad you made it. Have a good time there, and a safe return!

x2! {thumbsup}
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.