You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : General Photography

Good Free Duplicate Photo Software?

Non-aviation photos, camera equipment and photography in general.

DAL764 22 Oct 11, 08:51Post
Since I have a sh!tload of pictures on my computer, self-taken as well as lots of Japanese Doujinshi, despite trying my best to keep it all sorted, every once in a while I tend to find duplicate pictures in seperate folders and also have somewhat lost track of all the comics I have.

Hence I have to ask, any of you know of or using a good software for finding duplicate photos that is reasonably fast, can handle a large number of files in one search, and of course, is free (or perhaps very cheap).

So far I use Duplicate Photo Finder, which is reasonably fast, but tends to kill itself on a regular basis in the middle of a search, and Anti-Twin, which can handle large numbers of files and has pretty exact search results, but it is s-l-o-w as hell.

So, any recommendations?
"I mean, we're in a galaxy far, far away, and we still have to change in Atlanta" (Stewie Griffin as Darth Vader)
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 22 Oct 11, 10:14Post
ACDSee used to have such a function. Worked reasonably well, at least for exact dupes. ACDSee isn't free, but older versions can often be found as covermounts in magazines, and maybe also on the web - I don't know. Don't expect miracles though. ACDSee became pretty bloated over the years, which is why I use Faststone as image viewer these days.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.