You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

New LCC Northern Pacific Airways

All about Airlines and Airliners.

IFEMaster (Project Dark Overlord & Founding Member) 09 May 23, 15:05Post

Saw this 752 sitting on the apron at ONT last Friday. Northern Pacific are a new LCC out of Anchorage planning services across continental US and some Asian destinations (Tokyo, Osaka, and Seoul according to wikipedia). There was a second bird on the other side of the runway that I spotted during my flight's takeoff roll too.

Interesting to see another LCC startup, particularly with their intended destinations. Their proposed model appears to be similar to that of Icelandair.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 10 May 23, 08:08Post
They have the right airplane for it. If you like long leg, single aisle ops.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
IFEMaster (Project Dark Overlord & Founding Member) 10 May 23, 22:07Post
miamiair wrote:They have the right airplane for it. If you like long leg, single aisle ops.

Their inaugural flight is ONT to LAS on 06/02. If I wasn't already going to be in England at that time, I'd book it for the fun of it. That's a flight time of about 42 minutes.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 May 23, 16:12Post
Where you been IFEMaster . . . .

Old news . . . .

September 2021:

From our Daily:
Northern Pacific Airways announces purchase of its first six Boeing 757-200s
Northern Pacific Airways (Anchorage), a wholly-owned subsidiary of FLOAT Alaska LLC, has agreed to the purchase of its first six aircraft—Boeing 757-200s. The airline completed the transaction to meet part of its initial fleet requirements. The first aircraft within this purchase will be delivered immediately.
The airline intends to offer service between points in the U.S. and Asia, via Anchorage, Alaska.
Link
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 May 23, 17:33Post
https://simpleflying.com/northern-pacif ... ys-launch/

Northern Pacific Airways Delays Launch But Only By Three Weeks
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
IFEMaster (Project Dark Overlord & Founding Member) 19 May 23, 15:18Post
ANCFlyer wrote:https://simpleflying.com/northern-pacific-airways-delays-launch/

Northern Pacific Airways Delays Launch But Only By Three Weeks

Guess I'm taking a day trip to Vegas on 6/23