You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Military Aviation

Poland Giving Four MiG-29's To Ukraine

Your online Air Force Base.

Mark 16 Mar 23, 16:56Post
"Poland is set to provide Ukraine with four MiG-29 fighter jets in the coming days, Polish President Andrzej Duda said on Thursday, becoming the first NATO country to do so.

Warsaw has taken a lead among NATO allies in supplying Kyiv with heavy weapons, including the Soviet-designed fighters. “When it comes to the MI-29 aircraft, which are still operating in the defense of Polish airspace, a decision has been taken at the highest levels, we can say confidently that we are sending MIGs to Ukraine,” Duda said.

“We have a dozen or so MIGS that we got in the 90s handed down from the German Democratic Republic and they are functional and play a part in the defense of our airspace. They are at the end of their operational life but are still functional,” Duda added.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ru ... 032bdaf26a
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
paul mcallister 16 Mar 23, 17:14Post
I find it very strange that this is not kept from the Media and Joe Public, the NATO countries should not be releasing what they are providing to Ukraine.
DXing 17 Mar 23, 12:22Post
"They are at the end of their operational life but are still functional,”

And that is why they are giving them up. Where will the Ukrainians get parts to service them with? Think Russia or China will provide them? How about the armament's for the aircraft?
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
captoveur 21 Mar 23, 16:11Post
DXing wrote:And that is why they are giving them up. Where will the Ukrainians get parts to service them with? Think Russia or China will provide them? How about the armament's for the aircraft?

They have to last long enough to need parts
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
DXing 22 Mar 23, 00:39Post
As long as the Ukrainians can avoid being rammed by a medal seeking Russian they should be ok.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
paul mcallister 22 Mar 23, 12:25Post
Ukraine has been servicing it`s own Mig-29`s at Lviv Aviacon plant since 2014. It is in the far west of Ukraine near the border with Poland
The Russians attacked the factory with missiles 18th March 2023