You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Flybe goes under. Again.

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 28 Jan 23, 12:43Post
Airline Flybe has cancelled all flights to and from the UK after going into administration.

A statement on the airline's website said it had "ceased trading" and told any passengers expecting to travel with it not to go to the airport.

About 2,500 passengers were due to fly with Flybe on Saturday, with about 75,000 passengers in total having flights cancelled.

Flybe's administrator confirmed 277 of its 321 were being made redundant.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64436500

Reports of half-empty flights, so clearly they've failed to capitalise on the misery and unreliability that is rail travel in the UK right now.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
paul mcallister 30 Jan 23, 13:34Post
This was bound to happen sooner or later, they can`t seem to realise they are best sticking to their busy routes and forget about the marginal ones.

Also I heard it mentioned in some news reports, folk don`t like the Q400 aircraft that operate the bulk of their flights, noisy, slow and uncomfortable was how they were described.I suspect that would be the reaction of some that have not flown in a turboprop aircraft before.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Jan 23, 21:22Post
paul mcallister wrote:This was bound to happen sooner or later, they can`t seem to realise they are best sticking to their busy routes and forget about the marginal ones.

Precisely! Like many industries, air travel is full of egos and grandiose ideas. That's why FR, SWA & U2 have succeeded - the people in charge (mostly) stick to that which pays the bills. If flyBe had done this and established a robust domestic network without looking further afield they would still be here. Bmi anybody? {facepalm}
A million great ideas...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 09 Feb 23, 00:18Post
FlyBe isn't quite ready to die yet...

"On Wednesday, the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) announced that collapsed airline Flybe's administrators had applied for a temporary air operator certificate (AOC). If successful, this does not mean that the twice-folded airline's flights would resume right away. However, it would give the administrators a chance to get the carrier on solid footing."

https://simpleflying.com/flybe-administ ... orary-aoc/
Make Orwell fiction again.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 09 Feb 23, 21:09Post
ShyFlyer wrote:FlyBe isn't quite ready to die yet...

Rumours abound of a potential buyer, though it's unsure who would be so foolish. There are confident predictions coming from the administrators that the airline could well be fully operational in time for summer {deadhorse}
A million great ideas...