You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

AS Is All Boeing Again . . .

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 May 23, 10:15Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... 931b&ei=62

I enjoyed their little mini-fleet of Airbii from Virgin America, but they moved foward as advertised. So all 737s again . . . . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 May 23, 15:22Post
There are some pretty new A321N going back to lessors, which should be an opportunity for any airlines in the market for capacity with no wait time.
A million great ideas...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 07 May 23, 00:38Post
I wonder if the 321s are leaving at the end of the original lease or if Alaska was able to renegotiate the terms to get rid of them sooner? As JL mentions, there will interested parties.
Make Orwell fiction again.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 May 23, 15:04Post
ShyFlyer wrote:I wonder if the 321s are leaving at the end of the original lease or if Alaska was able to renegotiate the terms to get rid of them sooner? As JL mentions, there will interested parties.

Fair use excerpt .

Ultimately, as Nathaniel Pieper – Alaska Airlines’ Senior Vice President of Fleet, Finance and Alliances said,

The last hurdle we’ve got to get over is to come up with an A321 exit plan, and we’re getting close. Late-stage discussions with a bunch of parties, lessors, financial firms, other airlines, and our objective is to paper the transaction for the 10 aircraft by the end of the second quarter.

I managed to grab a ride on a VX 320 from LAX to ORD some years ago. Was really the best domestic F seat I'd ever had. Someplace in this site are pics of that trip. 6'2" and I couldn't stretch to reach bulkhead in 1A.

That said, along came AS and dumbed down the whole thing. Just like every other domestic F seat.

At this point all that matters for F (and mostly C) seats is the in-cabin service.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 08 May 23, 19:31Post
From a pax perspective, that's not my favorite news. I don't care much for the 737 experience.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 09 May 23, 08:07Post
Lucas wrote:From a pax perspective, that's not my favorite news. I don't care much for the 737 experience.

Unless its a BBJ.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen