You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Farewell LH Cargo MD11

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Yokes 17 Oct 21, 07:55Post
An aera ends, today LH Cargo is operating the last flight of an MD11. Last airframe is D-ALCC flying LH8161 JFK-FRA.

Will miss this view in FRA...

paul mcallister 17 Oct 21, 09:58Post
I wonder if they will be sold to another operator, or face the dreaded aircraft slicer? {bugeye} I hope they get a new home.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Oct 21, 10:39Post
I thought that was done years ago? Saw this and figured they were retired.

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 17 Oct 21, 14:26Post
It's not the retirement flight, but still a worthy video. At least I hope so, as I haven't watched it yet. His other videos are great, so I don't have any qualms about this one.

Make Orwell fiction again.
Yokes 17 Oct 21, 21:13Post
paul mcallister wrote:I wonder if they will be sold to another operator, or face the dreaded aircraft slicer? {bugeye} I hope they get a new home.

Yes, some went to UPS and some to Western Global.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Oct 21, 19:58Post
ANCFlyer wrote:I thought that was done years ago? Saw this and figured they were retired.

Seasonal downtime. In Europe at least freight hauling had a lull for the 6-8 weeks after Christmas and quite a few operators used to park some of their fleet. Also happened with the bucket and spade pax operators - FR winter park a lot of aircraft across the UK. Things are different now of course and freight capacity is so stretched that the last LH MD-11 retirement was actually delayed by two days because there just weren't enough aircraft to meet demand.
A million great ideas...