You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Social Media Platforms..Do You Trust

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

DXing 17 Oct 20, 14:28Post
Given the recent uproar about several of the largest censoring news about Joe Biden and son as being derived from "hacks" versus allowing the NYT time report about President Trumps tax returns without divulging where it got the information since tax returns are supposed to be private and protected information, do you trust the big tech social media platforms to report news fairly and accurately?

Even larger, do you trust them to be honest about anything at all whether it be products or people?

Here in the U.S. the big social media platforms enjoy immunity protection against prosecution. Is it the same elsewhere in the world or could a social media platform be sued say in Europe of Australia for censorship?

Full disclosure, the only social media I participate in are here on NetAirSpace and I have a whatsap account so I can message with my friends around the world without racking up an international text bill every month.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Oct 20, 12:20Post
DXing wrote:Even larger, do you trust them to be honest about anything at all whether it be products or people.

Not in the least bit. We've taken to sharing through other methods.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Oct 20, 17:09Post
I only trust Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and the FBI. Oh, and CIA.

LOL.

Of course not! It's wild.

Live not by lies.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 18 Oct 20, 23:31Post
They truly are the downfall to modern society.

We're getting what we deserve.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
captoveur 19 Oct 20, 19:34Post
They are for entertainment purposes only. Anyone using them for anything else is asking for trouble.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Oct 20, 19:51Post
captoveur wrote:They are for entertainment purposes only. Anyone using them for anything else is asking for trouble.

{check} All social media platforms require the same amount of situational awareness required IRL. If you don't possess that then stay away.
A million great ideas...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 20 Oct 20, 12:07Post
It's not social media...it's us. We allowed it to expose our nasty, vile, hate filled portions.

It's a blessing in a way. Now that we know just how awful we can be with each other, we can change. Yeah...ain't gunna happen.
Make Orwell fiction again.