You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

Last Trip in 2020?

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

halls120 (Plank Owner) 08 Apr 20, 12:05Post
Hopefully not, but it was the usual, a EW round trip STR-BRU-STR, Q400 flights 2162 and 2163. 2/19-2/20. Have had 4 trips cancelled so far since then. Nothing on the books for the remainder of the year. :(
At home in the PNW and loving it
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 09 Apr 20, 13:15Post
I flew HAM-AMS-JFK in combination with LGA-BUF-LGA in January. Had the chance to fly KL's 744 one last time (and even in J), on the return flight JFK-AMS, thanks to an equipment change. Might well have been my last flight with a 747.

I don't think I will add many more flights in 2020, but I still hope I can make the annual NFL trip in October/November. The plan was to watch a Bills home game this year, so it would probably be the same route again. We'll see.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Yokes 09 Apr 20, 14:48Post
Luckily my first long haul trip is already done this year. Wouldnt know what to do without flying. {crazy}
But I had to made some changes. Originally planed was FRA-PEK-HKG-TPE-PVG-FRA. Thanks to the virus I was only able to make FRA-HKG-FRA (via LHR), but better than nothing.
Three more trips booked this year (LHR in may, BGY in june and PMI in september) No idea if I´m able to make them. No idea if I´m able to make them. For LHR, BA already canceled the inbound but not the return flight... :(
airtrainer 09 Apr 20, 21:49Post
My last trip was a last minute trip to Lanzarote last month, with an overnight stay in Madrid on the way back. Later the same week began the mess... I have 3 trips cancelled so far, the most important will be New Zealand in november so there's some hope, maybe...
Grounded...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 09 Apr 20, 22:13Post
Yokes wrote:For LHR, BA already canceled the inbound but not the return flight... :(

Makes sense. You are allowed to leave the country, but not to enter it. :))
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
airtrainer 09 Apr 20, 22:32Post
Zak wrote:Makes sense. You are allowed to leave the country, but not to enter it. :))

As the borders are likely to stay closed for a while after the lockdown, and given the fact there are no domestic flights in Belgium, I don't think I will fly soon... and can't even go back to my own country {vsad}
Grounded...
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 10 Apr 20, 10:23Post
Got a Barbados trip in during February, but my Chernobyl trip (MAN-KBP) was cancelled. Although I had nothing else booked, I had plenty of plans - was tentatively planning an early-summer USA trip on one of my long weekends off work, and had also priced up a trip to SIN for the grand prix which sounds unlikely to happen now.

Right now, even my domestic narrowboat trip at the end of June is hanging in the balance!
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 Apr 20, 22:07Post
airtrainer wrote:
Zak wrote:Makes sense. You are allowed to leave the country, but not to enter it. :))

As the borders are likely to stay closed for a while after the lockdown, and given the fact there are no domestic flights in Belgium, I don't think I will fly soon... and can't even go back to my own country {vsad}

Stay strong Jeff, you'll be allowed back soon.

My last flight was TLS-CEG in late February. I may well be flying next week as part of an emergency airlift for the Irish agricultural industry. *If* that happens, I am 100% taking the camera.
A million great ideas...
Paul Chandler1 15 May 20, 10:35Post
3 trips booked Lisbon, Oshkosh and Phillipines to see family (should have left yesterday) All have been cancelled so not much to look forward to until xmas assuming air travel and the various restrictions have eased a lot. :(
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 May 20, 11:29Post
My last ride was AA 788 ORD-HNL-ORD before TSHTF. My next ride, still not cancelled, is AA 321 ORD-ANC-ORD . . . that's a business related trip. Scheduled for 8/2 with 8/8 as return. So far so good, but I'm not making any bets.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!