You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Kazakhstan: Bek Air F100 Crash Kills 12

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Dec 19, 07:45Post
A passenger plane has crashed in Kazakhstan, killing at least 15 people.

Officials say the aircraft from Bek Air - a Kazakh airline - went down shortly after taking off from Almaty airport on Friday morning local time, smashing into a building.

At least 60 injured people, including children, were taken to hospitals.

Flight Z92100 was en route from Almaty, Kazakhstan's largest city, to the capital Nur-Sultan. The cause of the crash is not known.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50922219
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Dec 19, 13:03Post
From Sky News, eyewitnesses report that it "struggled to take off, its tail hitting the runway twice" before hitting a concrete barrier and a building.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 27 Dec 19, 21:35Post
Surviving passengers also reported slipping on an icy wing when evacuating through the overwing exit.

The overwing exit was opened, they crawled out of the aircraft via an icy wing, everyone on the wing slipped on the wing, the passenges helped each other to get off the wing.

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4d127dc6&opt=0
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 12 Jan 20, 18:18Post
From AvHerald:

Prior to departure de-icing was only partially applied, the commander decided to not de-ice the wings. There were no aircraft or aircraft system failures, all aircraft systems operated normally. After commencing takeoff the aircraft became airborne but began to roll left and right, the left wing tip touched the runway. The aircraft sank back onto the runway. The first officer called to reject takeoff and retarted the thrust levers, the captain called "no need", advanced thrust levers and continued takeoff stating "Let's go, Let's go!".

{banghead}
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 12 Jan 20, 22:50Post
Remarkably similar to the Air Ontario Dryden incident, always a favourite during flying training for both the 'Swiss Cheese' and 'No such thing as a little ice' lessons.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.