You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : General Photography

Your Latest Shots, Show Them To Us (Non Aviation)

Non-aviation photos, camera equipment and photography in general.

vikkyvik 09 Nov 17, 16:25Post
md88dawg wrote:That detail is stunning--not the most pleasant of insects, but you can appreciate that craftsmanship and teamwork (from a safe distance or with a camera!).

Thanks! Yes, it was quite interesting watching them work. They were entirely focused on their work, and left me completely alone, even though I was standing about 4 feet away (shooting with my 100-400).

I'd also never seen wasps with that reddish coloration before, so that was cool.
md88dawg 25 Nov 17, 05:36Post
While heading back to San Diego, this was a quick stop in the Cleveland National Forest. I wish I could remember which area this was, but there was no cell signal to get a location.

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Apr 18, 03:03Post

mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 26 Apr 18, 21:29Post
Tried some photography of things with a different type of wing!

ImageIMG_8585 by Martin Hodgson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8493 by Martin Hodgson, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8466 by Martin Hodgson, on Flickr

Also seen on the trip was this adder - quite a surprise!
ImageIMG_8442 by Martin Hodgson, on Flickr
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 27 Apr 18, 03:44Post
Dang Martin, that lens gives some fantastic detail. Nice.
vikkyvik 27 Apr 18, 14:13Post
Nice shots, both of you.

I have nothing new to share...
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 27 Apr 18, 15:10Post
mhodgson wrote:Also seen on the trip was this adder - quite a surprise!

The things you see in Salford! ;)

I haven't picked up a camera in a long time. I have a new lens from Christmas that's still in the box.
A million great ideas...
TNCB 28 May 18, 14:01Post
Went to Dublin for 24h last week and managed to bag my absolute bucketlist photo for this destination:

ImageTrinity College Old Library - The Long Room by Kas van Zonneveld, on Flickr
Paul Chandler1 01 Jul 18, 19:20Post
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5BAA72D3

family of swans and 10 cygnets i saw yesterday on the Basingstoke Canal
vikkyvik 02 Jul 18, 19:22Post
Some photos from my recent trip back home to Massachusetts, starting off with four heron's nests:

symphonicpoet 02 Aug 18, 20:01Post
^Lucas,

Lovely color. I particularly like the first shot of the pool and clouds and the last shot of the tent at night. But there's a bunch in the middle showing up as broken links. Not sure if there's any way to fix that, but . . .

^mhodgson,

Lovely little birds. Finches of one stripe or another? (Clearly no birder I.) Great photographs, in any case! Also well done with the adder. Surprised it stands out that well from the foliage around it.

^TNCB,

I can understand why you would want that as a bucket list shot. Well captured!

^vikkyvik,

Great stuff as always. I particularly like the house emerging from the trees at the corner of the lane. The low stone wall really helps to make that shot. And the red barn in the last one is great as well. Nicely done!
symphonicpoet 03 Aug 18, 01:39Post
Nothing particularly exotic lately, but I've done a lot of shooting around St. Louis (as usual) . . .

If you think that looks a little like an airport terminal . . . the brothers who run the place specifically requested that. Those monks have taste!

Believe it or not, that's just the highlights. I swear.
vikkyvik 10 Aug 18, 05:13Post
Forest fire sun. It looked like sunset all day. These were taken at around 5:30 PM, so 2.5 hours before actual sunset. First one is an HDR to really get the color of the actual sun:

vikkyvik 18 Sep 18, 01:33Post
Vegas baby:

Fumanchewd 11 Mar 19, 04:25Post
Just a quick few from my Africa trip last month. Went to SA, Lesotho, and Victoria Falls (Zambia and Zimbabwe). I have much more to edit but....

"Give us a kiss, big tits."
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 11 Mar 19, 07:54Post
I like the second shot in particular.

They aren't showing in the thread, though. Right-click and "open image in new tab" works, but Dropbox is doing something weird that phpBB doesn't like.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Mar 19, 14:55Post
The guy on the left knows got to dress in picture 2!!!
Fumanchewd 18 Mar 19, 07:22Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:I like the second shot in particular.

They aren't showing in the thread, though. Right-click and "open image in new tab" works, but Dropbox is doing something weird that phpBB doesn't like.

Thank you for the link advice, I don't know why it won't show. Also thank you for the compliment. I have 10s of thousands of shots and only about a dozen I am really happy with, and that is one of them... The balance is a little off though and I'm not sure how to frame it better. BTW they were sheepherders in Lesotho. I have read that the people in Black Panther were wearing authentic Lesotho clothes. But after being there IMO they are wearing mocks of the clothes they sell at the tourist traps. These guys are wearing the real thing and they don't sell it to most tourists.
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
tangoscar 19 Mar 19, 13:10Post
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi

Not my latest shot, but one of my favorite ones. I took it exactly today a year ago ...

Hm, what am I doing wrong, that the pic is shown in the thread ...? Any help is much appreciated ...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 19 Mar 19, 13:30Post
Stunning shot. {bugeye}

I had to get medieval on Flickr's page source to fix that. Seems they really don't want people doing what we just did {mischief}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 19 Mar 19, 16:13Post
{bugeye}

Nice shot!
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
tangoscar 20 Mar 19, 08:51Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Stunning shot. {bugeye}

I had to get medieval on Flickr's page source to fix that. Seems they really don't want people doing what we just did {mischief}

GQfluffy wrote:{bugeye}

Nice shot!

Thank you!
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Mar 19, 15:05Post
tangoscar wrote:Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi

Not my latest shot, but one of my favorite ones. I took it exactly today a year ago ...

Hm, what am I doing wrong, that the pic is shown in the thread ...? Any help is much appreciated ...

I agree with the others. Perhaps the best reflection shot that I've ever seen.
tangoscar 20 Mar 19, 22:20Post
Lucas wrote: I agree with the others. Perhaps the best reflection shot that I've ever seen.

Thank you very much!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 27 Jul 21, 15:40Post
Unlocked, again!
A million great ideas...