You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

[finished] Changing the Forum Structure

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 28 Apr 09, 20:18Post
On wednesday, 29 April, starting at around 06.30 GMT, there will be more board maintenance going on. This time, we will set up the new forum structure (as discussed here ). This means most threads will have to be moved.

Once again, please be careful when composing longer posts - better make an offline copy before hitting "Submit". I will notify you here once the work is finished.

I don't think that there will be any downtimes, though.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 00:59Post
I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.

Signed,
Make Orwell fiction again.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 29 Apr 09, 08:02Post
Okay, I am mostly done. There sure is some threads left to be moved to another subforum. I only did a quick scan, and sure did not catch all. If you stumble over something that seems to be at the wrong place, please let me know about it.

Same if you would encounter any problems, like missing topics (none were deleted, at least not intentionally), not being able to access certain forums etc.

All registered (and logged-in) users should be able to see:

Air and Space Forums
- netAirspace.com Daily News (not visible for guests - sign up if you want to read them ;) )
- Civil Aviation
- Military Avition
- Space
- Ground School
- Social

Photography Forums
- Aviation Photography
- General Photography

NOTAMs - Site Related Forum
- About netAirspace.com

The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics
- The Finer Things
- General Off-Topics
- Politics
- Sports
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
BaylorAirBear (Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 08:48Post
Looks great, Zak. Everything has a nice flow, and all sub-forums seem relevant.

Good job,

BAB
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you have boobs.
aloges (Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 10:16Post
Thanks for making this go over so smoothly!
sosumi
halls120 (Plank Owner) 29 Apr 09, 11:26Post
BaylorAirBear wrote:Looks great, Zak. Everything has a nice flow, and all sub-forums seem relevant.

Good job,

BAB

I like the new forum structure. What I don't get is how individual threads were populated. There are some distinctly political threads in the "off topics" section.
At home in the PNW and loving it
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 29 Apr 09, 11:36Post
halls120 wrote:I like the new forum structure. What I don't get is how individual threads were populated. There are some distinctly political threads in the "off topics" section.

Zak wrote:There sure is some threads left to be moved to another subforum. I only did a quick scan, and sure did not catch all. If you stumble over something that seems to be at the wrong place, please let me know about it.

;)
halls120 (Plank Owner) 29 Apr 09, 11:39Post
Zak wrote:
halls120 wrote:I like the new forum structure. What I don't get is how individual threads were populated. There are some distinctly political threads in the "off topics" section.

Zak wrote:There sure is some threads left to be moved to another subforum. I only did a quick scan, and sure did not catch all. If you stumble over something that seems to be at the wrong place, please let me know about it.

;)

oops. I'll send you a PM.
At home in the PNW and loving it
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 13:58Post
Holy sub-forums, Batman.

But I think we still have less than before. Looks good.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 16:35Post
GQfluffy wrote:Holy sub-forums, Batman.

But I think we still have less than before. Looks good.

There are a lot...but these do seem to make sense, are catchy, and have professional-avaition related titles where applicable, and are well thought out. I approve!
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 16:37Post
WHAT!!! No down time? No endless excuses from Admin? No glitches? No missing posts/threads!!!

Damnit, I DEMAND some down time and excuses.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Zak. . . . well done indeed.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 29 Apr 09, 16:47Post
Thanks, everyone! :)

ANCFlyer wrote:Damnit, I DEMAND some down time and excuses.

Don't worry. Latest when moving to the new server, things will start to go wrong.
I will blame it all on Ed, then... :mrgreen:
Gunships 29 Apr 09, 23:18Post
Looks great!

Sensible and well organized.