You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Site Extremely Slow

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

Ventor 03 Sep 23, 13:45Post
Hi there!

Since two days, the site seems to be running extremely slow for me. For example, loading time of the upload page is about 40-50 seconds. I've tried it on multiple ways and it seems that every connection I use, every browser I've tried show the same result.

It seems like it's taking a long time to execute PHP code, since the bandwidth seems to be OK (images load fast, when the page is executed).

Is there a problem currently on the server?

Many thanks and greetings from EDDK,

Marc
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 04 Sep 23, 00:00Post
Something is going on, but as yet I don't know what the root cause is. Seems to be the database server eating CPU, rather than PHP itself - but it's not maxing out, which is what has historically caused hangs.

FWIW, photo upload page here is taking ~2 seconds.

Still investigating.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Ventor 04 Sep 23, 07:09Post
Yesterday I've noticed a database error, which was displayed multiple times after clicking some buttons on the site. It loaded a phpbb error page, which stated that the connection limit of the database sever is reached.

Today it seems to be running a lot better.

If you need any help, I'm always there for that. I'm a Linux sysadmin so basically my whole job is fixing these kind of things :))
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 04 Sep 23, 11:58Post
Ventor wrote:connection limit of the database sever is reached

This was the key piece of information I needed. Database CPU load is around 1/3 of what it was after increasing that limit. Let's see if there's a corresponding performance improvement.
Ventor 04 Sep 23, 19:34Post
Seems to be running a lot better now :)
D-OTTI 13 Sep 23, 04:03Post
Hello,

I totally agree with Ventor. The site is very slow and sometimes it doesn´t open. I think for all users is this uncomfortable. Maybe someone can fix the problem.

Marco
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 13 Sep 23, 11:48Post
Thanks, it is being investigated.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 19 Sep 23, 17:07Post
The slowness seems to be related to the database server settings. We're trying various configuration changes but have yet to find the magic combination.
DXing 19 Sep 23, 22:09Post
Did someone in France upload a corrupted post or photo??? {duck}
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 20 Sep 23, 22:46Post
I've been forced into some relatively gnarly optimisations that have had an immediate effect on server load, but may also have some unintended consequences. If you see a blue "database error" page, please post here with what you were doing when it happened.