You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

A v B: Not enough options.

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 29 Apr 21, 18:55Post
This afternoon I was doing the A v B thing when I ran across this...

AvB.JPG
AvB.JPG (55.21 KiB) Viewed 3317 times

I have an exact 50/50% ambivalence toward these two pictures, I was completely unable to choose one or the other, and therefore I was not able to continue my A v B session.

We either need a "tiebreaker" pic as a "C" option, or maybe something like a "Neither", "Both", "Opt-Out", etc. option available. It's simply not fair to the "loser" of such a situation, sometimes there are no bad choices, and conversely, sometimes there are no "good" choices. :)

What can we do to make this situation better?
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 29 Apr 21, 19:02Post
Here's another example. This time it was only the 3rd pair in the session! I had to refresh the homepage to continue.

AvB2.JPG
AvB2.JPG (74.18 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 02 May 21, 12:27Post
The first time ever that Ryanair has been seen as equal to another airline!
tangoscar 20 May 21, 13:13Post
Queso wrote:This afternoon I was doing the A v B thing when I ran across this...

AvB.JPG

I have an exact 50/50% ambivalence toward these two pictures, I was completely unable to choose one or the other, and therefore I was not able to continue my A v B session.

We either need a "tiebreaker" pic as a "C" option, or maybe something like a "Neither", "Both", "Opt-Out", etc. option available. It's simply not fair to the "loser" of such a situation, sometimes there are no bad choices, and conversely, sometimes there are no "good" choices. :)

What can we do to make this situation better?

Totally agree! Been there many times ...
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 20 May 21, 14:01Post
Potato.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 20 May 21, 14:49Post
Funny, I've got clear favourites in both cases shown.

AvB is designed to put shots against similarly-ranked shots - except when newly uploaded, in which case they run against progressively higher-ranked shots to get an approximate ranking. If it's hard to choose sometimes, the system is working as intended.

I've been thinking for a while about a small redesign in this area, but it needs some prep work to be completed first. I'll have a think about. whether a "skip" button would work. My gut feeling is "no, we really want a decision in those cases", but I'll think some more.

In the meantime, just pick one. It's really unlikely to do any damage. The "loser" will end up being compared against lower-ranked shots and start winning, vice-versa for the "winner". Before too many votes, it'll be within the margin of error anyway.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 24 May 21, 13:46Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:In the meantime, just pick one. It's really unlikely to do any damage.

Right, that's how we get certain presidents elected to office.

{mischief} ;)