You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Featured 25x!

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

ZuluRR 26 Jun 20, 08:56Post
Just saw in the "coming up" section, that Maxi-Air managed to be featured 25 times in a row. That should be a new record, right?
"you get into it because it´s a true passion" - c.neistat
Maxi-Air 26 Jun 20, 21:04Post
Do I get a black Achievement for that now? :)) :)) {laugh} {laugh}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Jun 20, 21:42Post
It's a glitch in the Maxi-trix! {crazy}
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Jun 20, 11:57Post
Shouldn't happen. Apparently, it has. First time in 10 years, though, as far as I'm aware.

The homepage queue is managed automagically so that there are at least 5 clear shots between any two shots by the same photographer. A job runs each night to re-order the queue. To do that, it relies on there being a good enough mix of shots that it can actually sort them that way. Normally it's good out to at least 48 hours after the job runs.

In this case, it appears that a large number of uploads (and hence screening for the homepage) from one photographer has coincided with a lull in uploads from everyone else.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Maxi-Air 27 Jun 20, 12:56Post
In short, I've broken the algorithm {laugh} {whiteflag} :))

What I wonder, of course I haven't observed it for long, sometimes in the A v B section I get to see really crappy pictures, blurry cessnas taken from miles away, as an example, but I have never seen such pics being featured. Is there a selection? How does it work? I assumed it was being done manually, sort of like a screeners choice, but that seems unlikely after being featured continuously {laugh}
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Jun 20, 15:28Post
Essentially, yes.

Photos first have to meet some AvB criteria (to avoid wasting the screeners' time on fuzzy dots), then get screened manually for featuring on the homepage. The screeners give no thought to how many shots by the same photographer are being approved, and the shots all go into a queue ready to appear on the homepage.

That queue is then supposed to re-order itself so that shots from the same photographer are kept apart.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Maxi-Air 27 Jun 20, 17:52Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Essentially, yes.

So how about an Achievement "Wrecking Ball"
"You've broken the netairspace algorithms" :)) {silly}

ShanwickOceanic wrote:Photos first have to meet some AvB criteria (to avoid wasting the screeners' time on fuzzy dots), then get screened manually for featuring on the homepage. The screeners give no thought to how many shots by the same photographer are being approved, and the shots all go into a queue ready to appear on the homepage.

That queue is then supposed to re-order itself so that shots from the same photographer are kept apart.

Thanks for the extensive explanation! Makes sense to guarantee some standards!
airtrainer 04 Jan 21, 16:23Post
Record almost broken as our fellow member A345 had 24 shots in the HPQ this morning. Congrats Lars for all those amazing photos {thumbsup}
Grounded...
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Jan 21, 20:33Post
airtrainer wrote:Record almost broken as our fellow member A345 had 24 shots in the HPQ this morning. Congrats Lars for all those amazing photos {thumbsup}

Some amazing shots, the quality of the 2012 stuff is outstanding {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...
airtrainer 26 Jan 21, 01:27Post
15x for vwmatze {thumbsup}
Grounded...
airtrainer 31 Jan 21, 03:05Post
23x for A345
17x for vwmatze
{thumbsup} {thumbsup}
Grounded...
airtrainer 02 Feb 21, 12:36Post
Currently 34 shots for vwmatze and 43 for A345 on the QQ {bugeye}