You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Adding new airports - issue

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

Florida Metal 19 Mar 19, 16:51Post
I am trying to add three new airports to the database. I been manually adding them when I upload pictures. How long does it take before they are recognized and show up when I type the airport code? I added a couple last week and when I went to add them this week the airport doesn't come in when I put in the airport code so I have to keep manually adding it each time, which is time consuming. The three airports I am referring to are Castle Airport, which is MER/KMER (which comes up as an airport in Indonesia when I type KMER), Travis AFB (KSUU) and Spruce Creek Airport near Daytona Beach, which is 7FL6. The IATA is 7FL6, but this site says it can't have more than 3 characters.

Is there another way of uploading airports into the system so that they show up?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Mar 19, 17:20Post
All of your locations have been added. The reason they may not yet have been added is that each shot with any missing info (new location, new aircraft type, new operator etc.) is referred to the DB Editors for review. Every such shot is put into a queue ordered by upload date/time and because of the huge number of uploads we're seeing (many of which are from yourself) your entries simply hadn't made it to the top of the queue.

Florida Metal wrote:Spruce Creek Airport near Daytona Beach, which is 7FL6. The IATA is 7FL6, but this site says it can't have more than 3 characters.

7FL6 is actually an FAA L ID but the DB editors do put them in the IATA field when it is the only marker available.

Florida Metal wrote:Is there another way of uploading airports into the system so that they show up?

If you're uploading shots from a new airport, drop the DB Editors a PM before you do. That way we can set up the locations ahead of time and save us all a little time.
A million great ideas...
Florida Metal 19 Mar 19, 17:23Post
Ok thanks for the quick reply. When I come across those locations I will send a message to the DB editors
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 19 Mar 19, 18:02Post
Thanks to both of you. {thumbsup}
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey