You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Adding New Aircraft Data - Tracking

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

Florida Metal 15 Mar 19, 13:55Post
I have been adding a lot of new military aircraft to the database of aircraft and it had me thinking. Is there a way that this site can track how many new aircraft that you add to the database of aircraft, with maybe a possible bronze achievement if you add say 100-200 aircraft, maybe a silver for 1000 etc?
airtrainer 15 Mar 19, 19:51Post
I like the idea ;)
Grounded...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Mar 19, 16:34Post
It's an interesting idea. We thought about it when we introduced the achievements, but our database coverage still had enough gaps in it that a decent day at a major airfield would likely have done the job.

There may be a way to do it that doesn't involve extra work for the DB editors, but I need to think about that some more. Then find the time to sit down and actually code it...
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Florida Metal 19 Mar 19, 16:36Post
I have been adding a lot of new airframes, a ton of military and GA/bizjet stuff. If there could be a bronze achievement for maybe 100 new airframes added then maybe a silver for 1000 or something.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Jun 19, 15:19Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:There may be a way to do it that doesn't involve extra work for the DB editors, but I need to think about that some more.

I think I have a cunning plan. If I'm right, we may even be able to award these retrospectively (to a point!). There are still a handful of ways that this can get screwed up, though, so I still need to give it more thought.

ShanwickOceanic wrote:Then find the time to sit down and actually code it...

This, on the other hand... this is the problem. {tired}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.