You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

One Shot, Ten Thousand Views

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Jul 18, 21:45Post
We have our first upload with 10k+ views after B720JET's iconic shot of Air France A318 F-GUGN on approach to FRA reached the landmark today. Congratulations to you sir and thank you for the many great uploads {thumbsup}

A million great ideas...
airtrainer 18 Jul 18, 22:52Post
Wow, congrats !
Grounded...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 19 Jul 18, 11:55Post
Nice accomplishment!
CentrelinePhoto 19 Jul 18, 17:55Post
Awesome achievement. Kudos, sir.
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
vikkyvik 20 Jul 18, 13:45Post
Awesome, congrats!
B720JET 27 Jul 18, 13:18Post
Thank you for your congratulations! :) I remember this evening well. The sun was so bright in the viewfinder 8) so that I had decided to be on the safe side and closed my eyes while keeping (auto)focussing on the aircraft, moving the camera and continued shooting. Anyway, I am happy about the outcome.
Kind regards, Bernhard
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 21 Oct 18, 19:05Post
Our second shot to hit 10,000 is this classic from mr chips:

Excellent work Dave {thumbsup}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 22 Oct 18, 02:14Post
That KLM shot is one of my all time favorites. Congrats!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Oct 18, 02:18Post
I missed that one, definitely one of the most atmospheric shots on the DB {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...
CentrelinePhoto 22 Oct 18, 07:44Post
Timeless shot. Congrats, Dave.
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
vikkyvik 22 Oct 18, 14:31Post
Both shots that hit 10,000 are the kind of shots that you look at and think, ah, the airplane-photography world is at peace, everything is as it should be. And that I hate the photographers.

Congrats both!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 06 Mar 19, 11:14Post
A third shot joins the 10k club:

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 Mar 19, 12:41Post
Cut up to make keyrings, what a way to go! At least Jochen documented her demise while there was still some Gimli Glider left.

Definitely one of those shots that will just keep gaining views {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 06 Mar 19, 13:30Post
Shocking waste. That bird should have made it into a museum. Two of our three 10k shots are now Coke cans. Or keyrings. {grumpy} Astonishingly, the A318 survives.

Next up:

9561 views, 212 in last 90 days
8628 views, 228 in last 90 days
7980 views, 282 in last 90 days

At those rates, my shot should make it in about six months, with a potentially close fight by Jochen to get a second 10k shot (with another now-stored airframe) before Ian Marsh gets one. Now you all know that, of course, I expect to come in behind both of them {boxed}

Then again, I still wouldn't bet too heavily against a certain Eurowings A320 either, even if it's not quite three-quarters of the way there. Its march up the most-viewed list has been most impressive.

Yokes 07 Mar 19, 08:15Post
JLAmber wrote:Cut up to make keyrings, what a way to go! At least Jochen documented her demise while there was still some Gimli Glider left.

Definitely one of those shots that will just keep gaining views {thumbsup}

Funny to see that a technally not perfect shot makes the race. But with accidents (or pictures of the plane later) you always attract more people.

ShanwickOceanic wrote:
At those rates, my shot should make it in about six months, with a potentially close fight by Jochen to get a second 10k shot

Challange accepted. ;) :))
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 07 Mar 19, 08:56Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Astonishingly, the A318 survives.

I guess to make an attractive keyring or beverage can target, you need to be bigger than an average keyring or beverage can {mischief}

ShanwickOceanic wrote: 8628 views, 228 in last 90 days

I still remember finding that one on fotocommunity.de, thinking "wow, what a great shot, maybe I should shoot the photographer a message and ask if he wants to join netAirspace" :)
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Yokes 07 Mar 19, 10:56Post
Zak wrote:
ShanwickOceanic wrote: 8628 views, 228 in last 90 days

I still remember finding that one on fotocommunity.de, thinking "wow, what a great shot, maybe I should shoot the photographer a message and ask if he wants to join netAirspace" :)

The rest is history! {cheerful}
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 07 Mar 19, 11:19Post
Yokes wrote:The rest is history! {cheerful}

Just like that A340 {grumpy}

Come to think of it, if your shot continues at the current rate, it'll reach 10,000 quicker than that A340 ever managed, too {duck}
Yokes 07 Mar 19, 18:58Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
Come to think of it, if your shot continues at the current rate, it'll reach 10,000 quicker than that A340 ever managed, too {duck}

{laugh}

True, I´ll have to think about some tricks to increase views. :))
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 Mar 19, 22:26Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:At those rates, my shot should make it in about six months, with a potentially close fight by Jochen to get a second 10k shot (with another now-stored airframe) before Ian Marsh gets one.

I would bet that a new shot we haven't seen yet will beat you all, just look at skidmarks' Norwegian Air Argentina exclusive for how well a shot of particular interest can do:

There are a couple of upcoming events that, with the right upload and some careful promotion, could well blow the current leaders out of the water.

Yokes wrote:Funny to see that a technally not perfect shot makes the race. But with accidents (or pictures of the plane later) you always attract more people.

That's one huge advantage of our 'anything aviation-related' policy. Many of our top viewed shots are far from perfect but their incoming links show that they are of enduring interest {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 08 Mar 19, 09:06Post
Zak wrote:I guess to make an attractive keyring or beverage can target, you need to be bigger than an average keyring or beverage can {mischief}

Someone's making them out of a Cessna 172 {crazy} I'm tempted... scalps of one's enemies, and all that. And if I ever get back into flying here, it's something to threaten the local rental birds with. {mischief}

JLAmber wrote:I would bet that a new shot we haven't seen yet will beat you all, just look at skidmarks' Norwegian Air Argentina exclusive for how well a shot of particular interest can do:

If you've got the keys to our social media accounts, you don't get to bet :P

JLAmber wrote:There are a couple of upcoming events that, with the right upload and some careful promotion, could well blow the current leaders out of the water.

In all seriousness, I'd really like to see that. If it annoys Jochen as well, that's a bonus :))
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 23 May 19, 20:33Post
Looks like a fourth shot has reached 10k views - ShanwickOceanic's take on a Finnair A320 at OUL :

Great shot and an impressive comments section too {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...