You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Pairplanes issues

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

paul mcallister 11 May 18, 18:52Post
I was wondering if anyones else was having problems with the pairplanes game?

I keep finding the pictures don`t always come up,and are more often just coloured squares which makes pairing them very difficult!

I am using windows 10,perhaps an issue with that browser since a major update last week?
I have never had problems with it before-any helpful suggestions?
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 11 May 18, 19:15Post
I've had it on very rare occasions; probably about 1/100 games, and I've only ever had it affect one image in the game so it actually helps {boggled}
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
airtrainer 13 May 18, 09:54Post
It has to be a conspiracy, two members from the MAN/BLK area hijacked the game {mischief}
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 13 May 18, 13:35Post
I think what is happening is you're catching the edge of one of the tiles and that seems to highlight the whole board (usually colours it blue) similar to right clicking and hitting 'select all' when you're copying text. I stick to the centre of the tiles for this reason.

paul mcallister wrote:I am using windows 10,perhaps an issue with that browser since a major update last week?

I'm running the same and not seeing any issues other than the one described above.
A million great ideas...
paul mcallister 13 May 18, 15:40Post
I had thought I maybe doing that,but no-I have tried various things such as waiting a liitle longer for the pics to load,and clearing my cache etc,but nothing seems to make any difference.

It`s very hit and miss if it works-hiting refresh a few times sometimes helps,but not always-Scooby Doo Mystery! {boggled}
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 13 May 18, 16:22Post
Just to add, the rare issue I have is a photo not loading so my browser displays the placeholder with the little icon in the top. When the game completes, the image will show correctly in the 'review' at the bottom of the page.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
paul mcallister 14 May 18, 18:10Post
It`s still doing it today,just brings up coloured frames,and I have to refresh the page several times before it will work.
Clicking centre,bottom,top or edges of the frame makes no difference-something odd is going on.Maybe it`s the Russians ? {boxed}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 May 18, 20:53Post
I can't replicate the issue you're seeing in any way, so I'm at a loss. Ed, do you have any ideas?
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 May 18, 21:57Post
None whatsoever, and it's definitely not a code change. Pairplanes works fine for me. I don't have access to a Windows 10 box to test. Absolute mystery.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
paul mcallister 15 May 18, 18:50Post
Don`t worry folks,its a minor irritation and that`s all-don`t worry about it.
Thank you for your efforts. :)
paul mcallister 02 Jun 18, 18:43Post
Just to update those in the know,I am still having problems with plain coloured squares coming up instead of the aircraft images.

As I said before it`s not a major problem,just a bit annoying-I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge browser.
Problems started after a fairly major Windows 10 update,so I am assuming it`s related to that.

Anyone or Firefox,or google having similar problems? Just wondering.

Don`t get in a flap trying to fix it guys.

Thanks,
Paul.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 02 Jun 18, 19:01Post
I am seeing it with Edge as well. Nothing with FF or Chrome. FF is strangely slow when loading the tiles and swapping around.