You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

IATA/ICAO Code Rollovers

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 19 Dec 17, 21:21Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:If a code isn't highlighted, it could be that our database simply doesn't have it yet. It could equally well be that I screwed something up, so post here if you find a code that should work and doesn't.

GRX (in the motive request thread); it exists in the database just isn't being recognised by the forum software.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 20 Dec 17, 00:03Post
mhodgson wrote:GRX (in the motive request thread); it exists in the database just isn't being recognised by the forum software.

Hmm. There was a non-English letter in the name, but that shouldn't make a difference (and changing it didn't help).

On that page, I do see an empty IATA code coming back in the response - with everything that doesn't have an IATA code being returned as a match {crazy} Neither of those should be happening, and it's possible that the whole thing is falling over rather than it being a problem with GRX specifically.

I'll investigate later.

JLAmber wrote:That would be helpful. Having a missing locations list that we could smash through would be preferable to having 50 shots from (insert random location here) to go through individually from the DBQ.

I also have a couple of other items on my Christmas wish list....

I'll see what I can do with your list, drop me a PM.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Dec 17, 06:19Post
JLAmber wrote:
ANCFlyer wrote:You guys are K ILE ing me here . . .

Shawick . . . . ILE. Killeen Texas (Fort Hood) . . . . no roll over?

ILE is Skylark Field, Killeen Fort Hood is GRK .

OLD AGE setting in? {duck}

It has been almost 30 years since I flew out of there. Come to think of it I do remember hearing they commercial flights switched to the old Army Airfield a bit ago.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 23 Dec 17, 12:37Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
mhodgson wrote:GRX (in the motive request thread); it exists in the database just isn't being recognised by the forum software.

Hmm. There was a non-English letter in the name, but that shouldn't make a difference (and changing it didn't help).

On that page, I do see an empty IATA code coming back in the response - with everything that doesn't have an IATA code being returned as a match {crazy} Neither of those should be happening, and it's possible that the whole thing is falling over rather than it being a problem with GRX specifically.

Yep, that was the problem. Quick-and-dirty fix in place, I know how to do it properly but I'll do that in the context of a wider tidying-up.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.