You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Achievement Medals In Detail

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

graphic 13 Jul 16, 17:55Post
So I saw that I got a "perfect ten" achievement today. I like that it posts on the homepage now.

My question is then, would it be possible, for some of the achievements that are rewarded to photos, to actually be able to see the photo that earned the achievement?

So for example if I click on my perfect ten achievement it shows the 4 photos that received it? Or for my Deja Vu it shows the photos that applied to that achievement?

Just a thought. Thanks.
vikkyvik 13 Jul 16, 18:40Post
Agreed, that would be cool.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 13 Jul 16, 19:26Post
Shut up, peasant, consume the ads and be grateful. Oh wait, wrong site... {duck}

Yes, theoretically. It's something we thought of from the outset, so the database structure is such that these things can be recorded. For automatic achievements like Perfect Ten they're recorded automatically.

So yes, we could show you which photo won you an award like that. Right now, what dev time I have is going on back-end stuff that's critical to keeping the place running, but this is something I can come back to.

For that specific achievement, the latest winners are shown on the AvB stats page, which you'll find linked from the top right of the AvB brick on the homepage.

It's a bit different with things like Deja Vu, where there's more than one photo involved; if there's an associated record, it isn't photos but rather something like an airframe (or even nothing at all). That makes it harder to show the photos. But since Deja Vu's manual claim, you know what you claimed with... right? ;) The new thing with the photo slots under the achievement - like you see under the alliance ones - could be extended to other achievements, and probably should be.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
graphic 13 Jul 16, 22:16Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:For that specific achievement, the latest winners are shown on the AvB stats page, which you'll find linked from the top right of the AvB brick on the homepage.

It's a bit different with things like Deja Vu, where there's more than one photo involved; if there's an associated record, it isn't photos but rather something like an airframe (or even nothing at all). That makes it harder to show the photos. But since Deja Vu's manual claim, you know what you claimed with... right? ;)

...Yes. :))

Also I have another idea for an achievement (since I achieved it :)) )

It appears NetJets has sold their Citation 550 registered as N320QS and purchased a Citation Sovereign, registered as (you guessed it) N320QS:

CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 13 Jul 16, 22:35Post
Upgrade and downgrade awards?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jul 16, 21:21Post
Achievement photos are now done. It's useful for about 5 achievements, of which 3 are pot luck, so useful for 2 if you're Vik.

graphic wrote:Also I have another idea for an achievement (since I achieved it )

Messy, if it's what I think it is. Maybe later.

CO777ER wrote:Upgrade and downgrade awards?

No idea what this one means {boggled}
vikkyvik 22 Jul 16, 06:23Post
That's actually pretty cool - thanks Ed.

ShanwickOceanic wrote:It's useful for about 5 achievements, of which 3 are pot luck, so useful for 2 if you're Vik.

I'll have you know that I've won two (yes, two!) Pot Luck Bronze achievements.

I retract my thanks.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 22 Jul 16, 06:31Post
All right then, useful for 3 {silly}
graphic 23 Jul 16, 17:36Post
Thanks for the work Ed!

ShanwickOceanic wrote:

I believe it's when an operator purchases a "better" aircraft. In this case NetJets "Uprgraded" N320QS from a Citation Bravo to a Citation Sovereign.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 24 Jul 16, 05:16Post
graphic wrote:Thanks for the work Ed!

ShanwickOceanic wrote:

I believe it's when an operator purchases a "better" aircraft. In this case NetJets "Uprgraded" N320QS from a Citation Bravo to a Citation Sovereign.

Exactly