You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Monthly payment

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

skidmarks 10 May 16, 07:17Post
A little while ago my membership expired so I decided to renew using the monthly payment scheme. Now I find that I have expired again. Why? I have received no cancellation of the monthly payment and no communication regarding expiry. Can any of the team help with this? I don't want to renew again and have 2 payments running per month!!
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 10 May 16, 08:14Post
We don't do recurring payments, only a one-year or a one-month membership. At the end of that period, the membership will expire and revert to Economy Class. A review of your account shows that that's what happened.

If PayPal have offered you a recurring (subscription) payment, then they shouldn't have - and we'll need to know so that we can sort it out. Certainly we haven't been notified of getting another monthly payment. I can't check our account from here, that'll need to wait till I get home, but I very much doubt that we've taken any more money from you.

I would have expected the system to send you a PM when your membership was about to run out, though; I'll have a look at the code responsible for that.

In the meantime, I've added a month's First Class membership to your account free of charge. You should be able to extend that at any time.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
skidmarks 10 May 16, 10:17Post
Hi, thanks for the prompt answer. I assumed it was a month by month payment so I didn't worry. Now I know what it is I shall cough up for a year when it comes up for renewal.

I did get a reminder but then again I assumed it was simply something that happened if you were on a month by month basis. The old adage applies I guess, don't assume, check!

Thanks for explaining it to a simple soul like myself. I promise I'll try and remember :))

Andy
skidmarks 11 Jun 16, 06:42Post
Right, I renewed my subscription on June 8th. June 11th I get a message saying my subscription has expired.

I am now back to cattle class despite having payed.

Please sort

Andy
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 11 Jun 16, 07:20Post
Almost certainly a failure on our end, which almost certainly makes it my fault. Sorry about that! Your membership has now been added, with a little extra for the trouble.

Seems that some code changes I made to the payment handler resulted in nothing happening after PayPal notified our system about the payment. Which is weird, given that it worked when I tested it with my own credit card! I've put the old code back, so future payments should be OK.

There's a small possibility that my code is fine and PayPal simply didn't bother telling our systems yet, but the timing suggests that this is my fault.

We didn't get an email notification from PayPal either, we must look into that.

Once again, sorry for the mess.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
skidmarks 11 Jun 16, 09:18Post
Thanks for that mate, much appreciated :))

Andy