You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

NetAirspace.com Turns 7

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 16 Apr 16, 05:15Post
Happy Birthday to NetAirspace.com. We opened the "doors" seven years ago with just a forum hosted on Zak's server. We always dreamt of the photo database and our vision for hosting aviation photos. The dreams came true thanks to ingenuity and hard work, mainly by Ed doing the code and Stefan's roadmap. We couldn't do it without our faithful supporters/founders and our contributing photographers. Thanks for choosing to fly with us.

Onwards and upwards.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Apr 16, 12:02Post
7 years? Itchy... ;)

miamiair wrote: The dreams came true thanks to ingenuity and hard work, mainly by Ed doing the code and Stefan's roadmap. We couldn't do it without our faithful supporters/founders and our contributing photographers. Thanks for choosing to fly with us.

Onwards and upwards.

{thumbsup} We'll never get that photo DB up and running :))
A million great ideas...
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 16 Apr 16, 12:16Post
Never ceases to amaze me how far we've come. {thumbsup}
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Apr 16, 12:17Post
Seven years! Tanks ( :)) ) for the flashbacks.

We have come a long way in that 7 years with some fantastic members. As an original member, and a moderator, I can tell you that my life is easy compared to a previous website.

This is a great community and I appreciate everyone here.

And Ed, you are the MAN!
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 16 Apr 16, 16:15Post
Reading Pep's reply, I thought of the time he and KROC (at least I think I read Pep was there) and others met with the new higher ups at the old site (flyheligirl, etc.). Sounded like just another chapter there, then, boom, we're on to ASO, then here. Yeah, it's flown (no pun intended). Good on the guys who started this and all who have made it tick. {thumbsup}
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Apr 16, 16:19Post
How time flies :)) It's been a fun ride, and it wouldn't have been possible without each and every one of you.

Here's to many many more!

Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
CentrelinePhoto 16 Apr 16, 19:43Post
Congratulations to everyone here - it's been a pleasure to be involved over the last four years :)
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
Yokes 16 Apr 16, 21:08Post
Happy birthday! How quick times passes. In summer i´m also here for four years now!
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 16 Apr 16, 21:28Post
7 years already?!?
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 17 Apr 16, 00:02Post
Seven years? YAY!!

5532696b191cfec34c86e5fc37156f8a.jpg
5532696b191cfec34c86e5fc37156f8a.jpg (11.65 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
Make Orwell fiction again.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 Apr 16, 21:25Post
7 years, wow...

I remember the days when we started tackling the photo db. Our failed attempt of working with professional developers. None of them understood what Ed was doing...

My personal guess is still that Ed himself doesn't know what he's doing, and that a large cloud of fairy dust is what's holding the site together. Either that, or he's a genius. :))

I never thought we'd come that far. Sure don't mind that we did, and as far as I am concerned, it's been a fun ride.

Thanks to the many helping hands who made all this possible! {thumbsup}

Now, as for the birthday party... SXM, anyone? 8)
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Yokes 18 Apr 16, 07:49Post
Zak wrote:
Now, as for the birthday party... SXM, anyone? 8)

Birthday invitation by NAS? Count me in! :)) ;)
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 21 Apr 16, 14:50Post
7 years? Aircraft carriers have been built in less time! {duck}

Thanks to everyone who posts, uploads, votes in AvB, or even just lurks. (Except spammers, they can all FOADIAF. {bored} ) And especially to everyone who's ever bought a paid membership: You really do keep the lights on, we couldn't do it without you.

There's also a massive volunteer effort going on all the time, particularly the database editing and homepage screening. But the work our social media folk are doing - and I'll single out JLAmber for special mention here - is delivering phenomenal results; I don't understand what they do, but I like what it does for us :) We probably don't say it enough (I know I don't) but: Thanks, Team.

What Vic didn't mention in the opening post was his own sterling efforts in cranking out the NAS Daily pretty much every single working day for those 7 years. As far as I'm aware, we've never missed an edition. That's damned impressive, and he deserves some serious respect for his dedication in the face of an overwhelming workload. All hail miamiair! {thumbsup}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 21 Apr 16, 16:28Post
WOW! In that time I've gone from EMS to mines to railroad to oilfield to air traffic control.

Makes me kinda sad, actually. What the crap am I doing with my life!?!

Sheesh...I need to settle down and have kids.

CONGRATS NAS!
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 21 Apr 16, 17:31Post
Happy Birthday to NAS!!

Good folks on here for sure. {thumbsup}
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.