You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

New Server - Please Report Bugs Here

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 15, 12:23Post
Site is completely dead from work, I assume their DNS still points to the old box and the old box got switched off.

Shy's SQL error is bizarre, and a pain to debug because I can't reproduce it. Hopefully tonight I can stop the deluge of PMs into my inbox, then look at logging the failing SQL straight into a PM (easier than writing to a file).

Homepage should be refreshing every 5mins, i'll take a look at that too.

Don't know what's with the copyright bar, the font's where it should be and should be readable.....
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
CentrelinePhoto 17 Sep 15, 13:30Post
ANCFlyer wrote: I've noted the Homepage Feature Photo hasn't changed in over 90 minutes.

The Homepage Feature image is still the same now after four to five hours, although the HPQ is scrolling normally.

Fabster's getting some good airtime ;)
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 17 Sep 15, 14:18Post
I can't view any photos....

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value for column 'ip' at row 1 [1264]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: forum@netairspace.com
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 15, 14:22Post
Hm. Other than names ending in Flyer, what have you and Shy got in common?

I'll be home in an hour, so should at least get some logging in place to help figure that out.

Homepage, I've a fair idea what's going on.
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 17 Sep 15, 14:26Post
:))

This is on my work computer - I haven't checked from home yet... don't hurry on my account - far more important things to do than this right now.

Awesome work BTW - to you and everyone else on the Admin side of things.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 15, 15:51Post
Fixed the homepage.

The SQL error makes no sense at the moment. I'm logging all queries that cause errors; I tried running one manually to see if I got better error reporting, and the damn thing worked. {crazy}
CentrelinePhoto 17 Sep 15, 15:59Post
ORFflyer wrote:Awesome work BTW - to you and everyone else on the Admin side of things.

Hear hear!
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 15, 16:27Post
SQL error may well be fixed. Can't prove it. Shy or ORF, can you see photos now?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 15, 16:35Post
Font in copyright bar has been fixed.

Any photos that haven't been viewed yet will have the right font straight away. The others, we nuke the generated copies every couple of days to save on disk space, so they'll be regenerated then. Your browser may well cache them for longer than that, though, so if you're still seeing shots with the copyright bar in a plain font by, say, Monday, and clearing your cache doesn't give you a shot in the new font, let us know.
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 17 Sep 15, 17:49Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:SQL error may well be fixed. Can't prove it. Shy or ORF, can you see photos now?

Yes - from the home page, from the search, from user's profile pages - all seems good!!

Youdaman!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 15, 18:02Post
ORFflyer wrote:Youdaman!

You might not be saying that if you knew why it was failing before. One of those "how the hell did that even run on the old server?" moments {crazy}

Still, we can cross it off the list, so it's all good.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 17 Sep 15, 20:24Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Hm. Other than names ending in Flyer, what have you and Shy got in common?

Redskins fans, we wear glasses, do quite well with the ladies... :))

ShanwickOceanic wrote:Shy or ORF, can you see photos now?

Ops check good!

ORFflyer wrote:Youdaman!

{thumbsup}

ShanwickOceanic wrote:One of those "how the hell did that even run on the old server?" moments {crazy}

I find that a common sentiment when computers are involved.
Make Orwell fiction again.
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 18 Sep 15, 11:41Post
ShyFlyer wrote:Redskins fans, we wear glasses, do quite well with the ladies... :))

8) {thumbsup}
vikkyvik 22 Sep 15, 06:14Post
I don't know if this is a bug, if it even exists, or if it's a figment of my imagination.

I feel like there is much less difference between the various watermark strengths than there used to be. For example, here is Very Faint and Very Strong, both applied to the same photo in the same location:

It's not particularly important, but I could certainly do with Very Faint being, you know, very faint. :))
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 22 Sep 15, 08:09Post
More a matter of tweaking than bugfixing, but a problem nonetheless. My best guess is that we have a newer version of ImageMagick running on the new server, and that generates different results from the old settings.

I will play with the settings and see to get "fainter" watermarks for the lower settings. I'm afraid I won't find the time for that before the weekend, though.

But we can re-generate all watermarked photos, so the damage that's currently visible won't be permanent. :)

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up!
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 22 Sep 15, 14:37Post
I went looking for a Member's profile to send a PM. When I went to the Member List, and clicked on the letter of his username, I got the following error:

Not found
Either the requested page does not exist, or you do not have permission to see it.

I tried several other username's first letter, and cannot get to them either - same error message.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 22 Sep 15, 14:41Post
I hate to admit it, but that's an old one {boxed} Change the & in the address to a ?, and you should see the list.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 22 Sep 15, 16:46Post
Or sort the user list alphabetically first, by clicking on the "Username" column headline.

I got so used to that, I didn't even regard it as a bug anymore. :))
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 22 Sep 15, 17:20Post
Works either way - thanks to you both....