You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

About Account Activations

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 23 Apr 09, 07:49Post
It appears that spambots have finally found this place. At least, there were a couple of registrations last night that smelled heavily of it. I thus deleted these accounts.

If you sign up for this board with good intentions, and your account was not activated after 24 hours, please contact me by e-mail. Rest assured that no one is supposed to be locked out here, but please understand that we will do no one a favor if we let potential spambots in.

To contact me by e-mail, just reply to the confirmation you will receive upon signing up.

Thanks
Zak
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 28 Apr 09, 07:26Post
With the 'core community' being mostly on board, it gets harder and harder for us to determine which new registration is a spambot, and who might be a genuine member that we just did not know yet.

Thus, a reminder:
- When you sign up, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. This contains my e-mail address.
- Your account is not activated until you received a second e-mail with a respective confirmation.
- If you don't receive this second e-mail within 24 hours after the first one, please contact me by e-mail.

Apologies for all those whom we might accidentally have mistaken as a spambot. No offense intended - honestly! But if we let spambots in, it won't help anybody either.

Btw, if a spambot should ever manage to sneak in here and start advertising V1agra and fishy affiliate programs, please do not respond to such posts, but notify one of the admin team (miamiair, ShanwickOceanic or myself) by PM. We can (and will) delete such a member with 1 click, including all his postings.

Thanks
Zak
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.