You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace

Problem With A Reg

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.

Raybin 17 Apr 23, 20:05Post
Hi
I tried to upload a picture of a Greek Phantom. The reg is 01525.
Every time I enter the reg and click next the 0 is suppressed and I end up with reg 1525 ( Let 410 Czech AF)
I have re-entered the data for the Phantom, but I know that it is already in the db because I entered it myself (Florennes 2005).
Did I make a mistake somewhere or is it just the 0 that starts the reg?
Greeting
Ray
Be human, stay human
When flying, the dangerous thing is the earth (Wilbur Wright)
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Apr 23, 09:25Post
Greetings,

Can you share the image? Digging around a little bit, I don't see 1525 in any of the Hellenic Phantom lists.

I see build number 1523/72-2508 as an F-4E-55-MC and then it jumps to 1535/72-1524 as an F-4E-56-MC.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Raybin 18 Apr 23, 12:01Post
The photo of the 01525

There are more greek Phantoms with regs starting by a 0
01512 p.ex, also taken at KB the same day as 01525.
And i got more at Florennes in 2005
Greetings
Ray
Be human, stay human
When flying, the dangerous thing is the earth (Wilbur Wright)
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Apr 23, 12:28Post
I've attempted to replicate the error without success. There may have been a 0/o error in our database entry that has since been fixed by a DB editor. If it keeps occurring, flag it to DB editing and we can further investigate the issue from there.
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 18 Apr 23, 13:10Post
Sounds like a classic result of forcing a string to be an integer, but I can't think why the code would be doing that to a field that's defined as a string. Or how we wouldn't have been bitten by it for a decade. If it happens again I'll dig into the code.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.