You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Photo Editing & Feedback

Stefan Gebenus

Workflows, editing help and feedback on your aviation photos.

Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 25 Apr 24, 22:41Post
Liners has a thread dedicated to Zak in the Av Photography forum.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1493091
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 26 Apr 24, 03:35Post
Really sad news {vsad}

One of the nicest guys in our hobby. From MIA to SXM to HAM - plenty of stories were shared along the fence/beach/bar

Blue Skies, Stefan!
vikkyvik 26 Apr 24, 14:19Post
Well....I just read this news over at A.net of all places, and was quite shocked.

Glad to have met Stefan at LAX back in 2019 or so. Sad to have not gotten to spend some more time with him.

Deepest condolences to all who knew him better than me.

Thanks, Stefan, for helping to bring this community together.
Sven Grimpe 27 Apr 24, 19:13Post
What sad news! Incomprehensible…

Unfortunately, I only got to know Stefan personally briefly. As part of a ramp tour in Hamburg. That was 2012 and I didn't know him or nAs before. At the end of the event, Stefan, who was noticeably cheerful and in a good mood, gave me a card with the inviting note: “You are welcome to upload your pictures here, I would be happy…”

To my great regret, I never had the opportunity to meet him in person in the years that followed. Nevertheless, Stefan and I were in close written communication (especially in my early days as nAs DB editor). And yes, I certainly assumed that we would run into each other again at some point. It is a painful realization that this opportunity will no longer arise.

My deepest condolences go out to Stefan's family and close friends, who, like all of us, have lost a precious person. We can only hope that netAirspace continues to make good progress. It would certainly be in Stefan's mind.

RIP Stefan!
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 28 Apr 24, 01:31Post
This is very sad news and I don't know what to say. {vsad}

RIP Stefan
Make Orwell fiction again.
ARodriguez 30 Apr 24, 20:50Post
I am deeply shocked by this terrible news. Life has no law, it should not have been his time. It was very early. He was the one I contacted when I joined the Netairspace community, and the one who clarified the rules of the game here. I was the first photographer based in Gran Canaria to join disappointed with other environments and behind me have come others who have seen the intelligence and generosity that guides this community that owes so much to Zak. In his memory we must make what he created stronger. Count on me for whatever I can help.
Rest in peace Stephan Gebenis, Zak. Your work will shine like a star in the sky

Antonio Rodríguez
Gran Canaria
Spain