You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Photo Editing & Feedback

Connecting Aircraft On Here Using C/N Numbers

Workflows, editing help and feedback on your aviation photos.

Florida Metal 03 Jul 23, 17:44Post
I just posted a picture of N291BT an Alaska Airlines 737-9 MAX. There was already air frame details for it's previous tail number N920AK. It was given the new tail number in honor of a former CEO.

I was wondering if there was a way to somehow keep the air frame details and just change the tail number without having to copy everything again? For example when I pulled it up as N920AK, there wasn't a way that I could just edit the new tail number in. I had to copy and paste all of the airframe details in again.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 04 Jul 23, 13:43Post
You're right, there's no easy way of tying one identity of an airframe to another, registration changes are particularly difficult. Even airframe serial may not be much help; Boeing's format is OK for identifying a given airframe out of all those in our DB, but Airbus' MSNs are worse, and pretty much everyone else's worse still.

I'll need to think about this one, but being able to search previous identities by MSN and reg then copy the details might be a start.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.