You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Photo Editing & Feedback

Doing it right ?

Workflows, editing help and feedback on your aviation photos.

airtrainer 21 Dec 17, 22:35Post
Hi all !
I have to say I'm not satisfied with the overall quality of my shots so I've tried a different editing process to add more sharpness on the two shots below. While I think the result is better I also think it's far from perfect so I'd love to hear your feedback on these shots and on how I could improve them and the future ones... Do not hesitate to be rude if you need to {boxed}

Grounded...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 21 Dec 17, 22:55Post
I'm on my phone so that could be an issue, but both don't look very vibrant to me.
vikkyvik 22 Dec 17, 02:18Post
Both look to me like they are affected by heat haze....so I wouldn't bother trying to get the sharpening perfect on those.
Yokes 22 Dec 17, 17:47Post
The pictures dont look bad to me. I see some noise in the sky, but still ok for me.
mr chips (Photo Quality Screener) 24 Dec 17, 21:51Post
Sharpening doesn't look bad at all despite the heat hazed conditions. Just a few jaggies appearing, for example the Finnair registration is a bit jagged.

Personally I'd add a bit more contrast and some colour saturation.

airtrainer 27 Dec 17, 17:54Post
Thanks all for your feedback, heat haze was a problem that day indeed (and it surely didn't help to shoot around noon !). I also didn't add any vibrance on both shots but yes they look better with some...
Thanks again and thanks Dave for taking some time to re-edit them, I really appreciate :)
Grounded...