You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Photo Editing & Feedback

The "Seriously?" Thread

Workflows, editing help and feedback on your aviation photos.

Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 15 May 17, 16:18Post
Post here some of the "oddities" you've found in our database. I ran across one today so I'll start...

You have no choice but to click on it even figure out what you're (not) seeing! I have a filter for this but it's not on my camera, it's in my vacuum cleaner! ;)
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 15 May 17, 16:58Post
Ah, the famous German sense of humour which, coincidentally, also combined with some bad weather to inspire this shot by Sven Grimpe:

A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 15 May 17, 18:01Post
Hey, some Germans include at least parts of actual aircraft when spotting in bad weather. ;)

Queso wrote:You have no choice but to click on it even figure out what you're (not) seeing!

If you look at the equalized version, you can actually see the An-225 tail. And, having been there on that very day, I can say that the weather was actually quite nice. ;)

Nice catch, though, I don't remember seeing that shot before.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Yokes 15 May 17, 18:43Post

:)) :))
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 15 May 17, 19:12Post
Zak wrote:Hey, some Germans include at least parts of actual aircraft when spotting in bad weather. ;)

Coincidentally, I was with Stefan when that photo was taken (from a very wobbly bridge at Hatton's Cross)
A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 15 May 17, 19:42Post
True! Though, to be fair, at least part of the wobbliness of that bridge may have been related to our choice of beverages the night before. :))
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
vikkyvik 15 May 17, 21:44Post
Who shoots this crap, anyway?

CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 16 May 17, 17:11Post
No love for the RC Witch?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 May 17, 17:26Post
CO777ER wrote:No love for the RC Witch?

Technically that was an aircraft and you can determine what it is from the picture, but go on then.

A million great ideas...
airtrainer 30 May 17, 09:06Post
{tired}

Grounded...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 May 17, 09:12Post
Strange as it is, but I kinda like that one.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 May 17, 09:17Post
Speaking of 'seriously' - the miracles that editing can do:

Left shot is Andre's, representing the actual weather and light situation.
Right one is mine, and yes, it is heavily overprocessed and doctored.
vikkyvik 30 May 17, 14:42Post
I'm reminded of this one, where a bus rather rudely intruded into my shot: