You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Photo Editing & Feedback

EOS 70D Editing Issue

Workflows, editing help and feedback on your aviation photos.

CentrelinePhoto 05 Aug 15, 16:39Post
Guys

Just got myself a shiny new 70D and found that I'm quite obviously running outdated software/OS.

I've only been using PS Elements until now and was looking to continue that way but my current version (8.0) along with Windows Vista OS (yeah, I know!) is not up to the job.

I'm thinking an upgrade of OS to, say, Windows 7 or 8 along with Elements 13 would be good enough but could do with some advice/reassurance.

Any help appreciated as my head is a bit battered {boggled}

Thanks.
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 05 Aug 15, 17:23Post
What exactly is the problem?

If you cannot open RAW files, then you need to upgrade PS Elements to a later version, or process the RAW files with another software.

If your system simply can't handle the file size, then just upgrading the OS may not be enough.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
CentrelinePhoto 05 Aug 15, 18:01Post
I can't open the RAW files. Browsing Adobe forums suggests I need to update the Camera Raw software to v8.3 to process the files that the 70D creates, but also that this would not be compatible with Windows Vista, only with later versions of Windows.

I have to admit I feel a little out of my depth - the first thing I thought was to upgrade to Elements 13 but this seems to require Windows 7 or 8 anyway...

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photos ... specs.html
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 05 Aug 15, 18:20Post
Oh, okay... I did not know that the latest version of PSE was not compatible with Vista. Well, in that case, I'd consider upgrading straight to Windows 10.

As for ACR... the 70D is the last camera that CS6 will support. If you get any newer camera, and still want to use PS, it will be CC or nothing.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting a CC account, but I refuse to throw any money at Adobe as long as they keep charging European customers twice as much as they charge in the US. {mad}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.