You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Photo Editing & Feedback

Uploading Assistance

Workflows, editing help and feedback on your aviation photos.

Fumanchewd 13 Aug 13, 23:46Post
I've asked the question about uploading before and have been finally starting to upload some of my shots, but for reasons that I cannot fathom some are super pixalated and some aren't.

I must be an idiot, because the pics on the front page are super crisp.

I am taking .jpeg photos at about 9Mb and just sizing them down to the requested parameters of 600-2080 or whatever it is in CS4. These are well under the max file size.

This garbage is what I am getting.

Some are decent...

What is a better process to resize etc for processing.
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Aug 13, 04:31Post
Whoa, this is totally whacked out! Don't recall this ever happening to anyone before. Be interesting to see what gremlin is doing this.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Aug 13, 12:57Post
Very odd, haven't seen that on the database before. Can you post an attachment with the original image file?
A million great ideas...
vikkyvik 14 Aug 13, 14:57Post
Fumanchewd wrote:This garbage is what I am getting.

Is that what the edited photos look like on your computer? Or does this only happen when you upload them?
HT-ETNW 14 Aug 13, 18:01Post
Fumanchewd wrote:I am taking .jpeg photos at about 9Mb and just sizing them down to the requested parameters of 600-2080 or whatever it is in CS4. These are well under the max file size.

You are uploading directly from your computer to NAS, right ? No "detour" via any picture hosting website (Imageshack, etc.) ?

Are you using any weird browser that might compress pictures during handling ? I know that Opera has an optional function built in to minimize file sizes of pictures while downloading them ... Not sure if any add-ons work in the background for uploads. Just asking to exclude options.

-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 14 Aug 13, 18:48Post
Do you downsize in Photoshop using the Image Size dialogue?

If yes, do you change the size only by entering the new pixel dimensions, and leave the Document Size settings (crossed out below) untouched?

downsize.jpg
downsize.jpg (66.2 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

I'm asking as I'm wondering if you somehow changed the resolution (ppi / pixels per inch) setting. That could lead to such results.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Fumanchewd 14 Aug 13, 23:41Post
I've done it again with better results, I chose the bitcubic setting from above, but I still don't see why it should do it at all.

Its definitely on my end, I'll have to screw with it some more to see what I can do to get them as crisp as the ones I see on the front page.

Thanks all.
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
Nosedive 17 Aug 13, 02:21Post
Fumanchewd wrote:I've done it again with better results, I chose the bitcubic setting from above, but I still don't see why it should do it at all.

Its definitely on my end, I'll have to screw with it some more to see what I can do to get them as crisp as the ones I see on the front page.

Thanks all.

Crisp, you say? Try this trick: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/phot ... high-pass/
graphic 20 Sep 13, 14:06Post
Can you show us the original? I'd be happy to give you my workflow, me and nosedive used to have one around somewhere on the interwebz but time and a lack of paying for our webspace ended that.