You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Aviation Sports & Hobby

New MS Flight Simulator, R U Getting It?

General Aviation, Air Races, Gliding, RC Aircraft, Model Collections, Flight Simulators.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Aug 20, 21:27Post
mhodgson wrote:Quill has just released another video from the Scottish Highlands, and it looks amazing from the off - although surprisingly the Bing photodata for the area (Loch Awe/Oban) is very good when you zoom in!

At 11:57, that looks like a VOR at Oban, which is news to me. As far as I can ascertain, there's an NDB and a DME in real life, but no VOR. Then again, I know TIR to be VOR/DME and the symbol is the same.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 17 Aug 20, 15:41Post
A look at most (the author skips some of the aircraft) of the aircraft in the release version of the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS2020:

No real shockers or plot twists to be noted. Some things that I noticed were that the default aircraft only come with one livery. There is a menu item to change liveries for each aircraft, so there is support for changing them. I'm going to speculate that this indicates that additional liveries will only be available as DLC via the built-in marketplace.

The default SR22 is an earlier model than I expected as the included version has analog back-up instrumentation.

Official Release Day is tomorrow. Excited, yes, but I'm not going to be making the same mistake I did with FS2000. Bought it as soon as I could find it locally and was disappointed with it within minutes of install as my machine at the time could barely handle it on the most modest of graphic settings.

My current machine should be more than capable, based on the specs of YouTubers currently providing content. I'm more concerned about seeing honest reviews and not the, "well, Microsoft was kind enough to provide me a key, so that's your wink and nod that I'm not going to mention anything truly bad about the product lest they get angry and take away my access."
Make Orwell fiction again.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Aug 20, 18:55Post
Shy, sadly my internet connection here is via satellite and very slow, so I will be requiring you to post your experience in detail or I think perhaps it's a bannable offense! :))
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 18 Aug 20, 00:18Post
Lucas wrote:I will be requiring you to post your experience in detail...

It was a cold mid-winter's day in the desert southwest when I was born. The birth itself was unremarkable save for the fact that my parents had been trying for some time to have children. Previous attempts had been thwarted by various medical issues....
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Aug 20, 11:39Post
START DOWNLOADING!!!!
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 18 Aug 20, 17:40Post
Lucas wrote:START DOWNLOADING!!!!

{laugh}
Early adopters always run into problems. Just looking briefly at the twitter feed, reports of install errors and missing content.

Annotation 2020-08-18 113159.jpg
Annotation 2020-08-18 113159.jpg (64.08 KiB) Viewed 2454 times

ShyFlyer's Rules For Life© #1545:
Opening Day is never smooth. Wait. Watch. Learn.

Earliest I plan on buying, downloading, and flying MSFS2020OMGWTFBYOB is Sunday. I have a work from home day next week making a defacto four-day weekend so I have plenty of time.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 18 Aug 20, 19:31Post
Downloading without a hitch other than the limitations of my internet connection. Not looking like I'll get to fire it up until tomorrow!
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Aug 20, 11:39Post
It's tomorrow now!!!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 20 Aug 20, 08:18Post
ShyFlyer wrote:
Lucas wrote:START DOWNLOADING!!!!

{laugh}
Early adopters always run into problems. Just looking briefly at the twitter feed, reports of install errors and missing content.

Always a problem when something is hyped to the max and then you throw the doors open.

(I do love a nice soft opening...)
PA110 (Founding Member) 23 Aug 20, 20:20Post
So I've just spent most of this morning playing with FS2020. Apart from it being somewhat slow to load, the cockpit camera toggling gets a bit of time to get used to. Also, cycling through all the panels adds to the task loading when things are happening quickly. I'm really hoping that eventually VR will help avoid having to go through all the screens.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 23 Aug 20, 22:11Post
I bought it last night and it downloaded as I slept. Premium Deluxe install is about a 95 ~ 96 Gig in size. Fired her up this morning and here are my initial impressions after about 4 hours of goofing around with it.

First of all, the specs:
Intel i5-9600KF overclocked to 4.8Ghz
32GB DDR4 RAM
NVidia RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6
1TB SSD
40Mps DSL Internet

Overall impression is that, like her predecessors, MSFS2020 will be the "gold standard" by which all other flight sims are judged. That said, I give it (in it's current state as of 23 AUG 2020) a grade of C+, or about a about a 2.6 on a 4 point scale. Let's talk about the bad stuff first.

While the sim is hugely impressive and the visuals are every bit as advertised, there are some nagging issues that, for me, won't have it replacing X-Plane 11 as an actual sim platform just yet. First thing is the Garmin avionics. While I certainly wasn't expecting a true to life Garmin experience, it would be nice if the map on the navigators could be set to Track Up. Currently, you only have North Up available. You also cannot, on the G1000, Declutter the map nor can you deselect the Topo map. On the 530/430, you're stuck with North Up as well, no terrain, and rather limited Declutter. I noticed that when selecting a waypoint with the Direct To button, on the screens it says USER -> rather than D->. Another issue that needs addressing is when you zoom in on your location on the navigators while at the airport, in sim you'll see sat imagery of your location. The real units don't do that.

The built-in ATC is the same glorious "not quite baked to perfection" from previous versions. Non-standard phraseology is the biggest issue. For example, when handed off from one controller to another while on a flight plan, once you check in with them, the AI controller will advise you to "continue as planned." Every handoff, every time. That doesn't happen IRL. You'll get a "resume own navigation" after being vectored by real ATC. I'm guessing MS still takes suggestions as well now as they have in the past. While on a flight from ASE to TEX, I was given a clearance to descend to 11000ft. I was in the Caravan, so I set up the autopilot for a 500fpm descent. ATC kept harping on me to "expedite." Then the moment I leveled off at 11000, ATC wanted me back up to 14000. Same stupid shenanigans I remember from FS2002. Wouldn't surprise me if that AI code was just copied and pasted in to this version.

DEN is one of the "Hand Crafted" airports in the version I bought, and it looks really great. However, the jetways at the east end of the B Concourse (United Express Gates) are wrong. In reality, these jetways are the small RJ variety and naturally sit really close to the ground. In the sim, they are "regular" jetways and you'll be able to park full size jets there (and maybe see AI aircraft there too). The Ramp Tower Cabs (atop Concourses A and B) look a bit off too. Then there are the GA aircraft parked at the gates. Before you accuse me of being too nitpicky, keep in mind that this airport is one of the "Hand Crafted" airports and DEN is only "Hand Crafted" in the Premium Deluxe version (autogen in the others). It's interesting to note, though, that a third-party provider has KDEN in the official marketplace available for $15 and I believe it was available on launch day. Things that make you go hmmm...

I visited other "Hand Crafted" airports in the area, ASE and TEX, and found them really impressive. I've been to real ASE and I'd say it's nearly perfect.

I don't know how old the navigational data is in the sim, but I do know that the airport just to the east of KDEN is still known as Front Range Airport (KFTG) even though a few years ago (2018) it changed its name to Colorado Air And Space Port (KCFO).

The deficiencies in the Garmins and AI ATC are enough, in my view, to say that the sim isn't release worthy. These issues can be fixed, though, but only time will tell if they will or if third-parties will have to fill the void. MS has already shown that they are unwilling, or unable, to improve the AI ATC.

Let's talk about the good stuff now. Install and initial set up were quick (well, except for the several hour initial download) and painless. I chose to use the stock settings as determined by my hardware. The software chose to set quality levels to "High End" (next level up was Ultra). I didn't give "Ultra" a shot since, as learned while watching YouTubers play around with their early access release versions, people with slightly higher machine specs than me were struggling with "Ultra." Still, "High End" gave me a really fluid and consistent experience. I don't know the FPS as apparently there is no way to view this natively within the sim. It "felt" like in the low 50s range, though, even while low level over downtown Denver. Using the Windows Task Manager, the GPU was working the hardest and almost always being nearly maxed out but well under thermal limits. I never saw the CPU above 87% load. I used real-time weather and traffic and didn't have any storms or heavy cloud buildups to contend with.

Setting up my first flight revealed either a bug or a odd feature. While I could type in an airport code, it couldn't find my hometown airport, nor could I select it via the map. I was able to find Albuquerque International (KABQ) via the map and subsequently begin my first flight there, but could not locate it via the search box. After my first flight, the search box worked as one would expect.

While there are quite a few issues with the scenery due to the nature of sat imagery (roads on the side of mountains that carved into the side in real life, it is absolutely possible to do real VFR navigation in this sim. It was sort of possible in others by following major highways, but in MSFS2020, you can grab a recent copy of a road atlas and go off navigating your happy self that way. Also, if you're familiar with an area, just do it from memory. My first flight was a flight that I'd done a few times when I lived in New Mexico. It looked exactly as I'd remembered. The only issues I saw were the image of an airliner trailing contrails on the ground textures and ground textures that were from winter time sat imagery. I was able to find a wind farm that nearby and the wind turbines are modeled, placed exactly as they are in real life, as you can "see" a flat image of them on the ground.

Yes, I did try to find my childhood home. Since that area is too rural to be "high quality," the buildings were autogen and generic, but surprisingly well done. I couldn't fly slow enough to locate the exact house, but the scenery (ground textures and terrain) was accurate enough that I certainly found the street it's on.

With that out of the way, it was time to try out the DEN area. Flew out of APA (default autogen) and found my apartment complex and my place of work. The imagery was quite old as the Denver Broncos Training Facility (just down the street from APA) in the sim was still in the process of being built. When I moved here at the end of 2016, the construction had been completed. My workplace was of similar vintage.

So far, I've only flown the C172 (Analog), XCub, and C208.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 24 Aug 20, 09:46Post
I'd agree with almost all of that. My PC plays it very nicely with similar specs and settings to yours, and it does look visually stunning with VFR being a genuine option. I flew over areas I've done flight training in both the USA (KGYR) and UK and could easily work out where I was from memory with no reference to charts. Other sims have often had accurate road and river placement, but have been fairly random with buildings which can detract from the experience.

The bush-flying trips are gorgeous and make really good use of the accurate data to take me exploring areas I wouldn't normally visit.

NavData is a bit odd; it has everything I'd expect to see, but doing a MIRSI2B arrival into MAN it had no MIRSI waypoint (it's there, just not in the arrival path) and sent me via the MCT transition despite me selecting no transition. I know Navigraph have plans to get involved and provide their own data which I hope will prod the current providers to do better.

I've turned ATC off as it's all derived from US procedures which can be very different to Europe and the UK, however I tend to use VATSIM for IFR flying so don't miss it.

But overall I've very much enjoyed my first few days in the sim, and with continued development promised (and PMDG developing for it) I'm optimistic about what the future holds.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 24 Aug 20, 19:45Post
mhodgson wrote:I've turned ATC off as it's all derived from US procedures which can be very different to Europe and the UK

That was a common complaint with previous versions of MSFS. You'd think they'd strive for "by the book" ICAO phraseology but it doesn't look like they even bothered. On the flip side, at least all the AI airport vehicles appear to be right-hand drive. ;)

It is nice, though, to hear realistic callsigns. Well...almost. Every "Frontier Flight" I've heard is "heavy." Other shenanigans I've heard are the AI ATC harping on aircraft that they are 20000 feet above their assigned altitude and being told to descend to 10000. A bug that I've often used in the past to my advantage works in the current version as well. When handed off to the next controller while enroute, I change to the next freq but don't check in. That way I can leave the computer an do other things without having my clearance cancelled. When I'm ready to devote my attention to the sim again, I'll check in. The AI ATC will then give me vectors (which I acknowledge, but don't follow) to a heading behind me until it (ATC) "catches up" to me and my present location.

Right now I'm flying the TBM from KFTG (KCPO) to KPIE. MS forgot that FTG is a towered airport. The TBM seems to have a random spasm that causes the Master Caution to illuminate and the autopilot to wiggle the wings for a second.

I've got the Task Manager up and high altitude flights seem to be more demanding on the CPU, with loads in the 85 to 100% ranges. GPU is showing around 85 ~ 95% and temps in the high 60C range. Internet usage appears to be no more than 4 ~ 5 Mbps with Live Weather and Live Traffic selected. Perhaps the speeds MS was recommending were more for multiplayer functionality?

There is an update coming out soon but so far all I know that it address is the issue of the sim crashing when controllers are disconnected. I haven't seen any word on adding the missing functionality in the 530/1000 but I do know that the 3000 allows you to load procedures.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 25 Aug 20, 09:54Post
The nerd rage is real. :))

Sadly, I have way too little time to seriously dive into the sim atm, but I did manage to log at least 5 hours since release and nailed a couple of landing challenges already, some even with a decent score (decent = all 3 values were two-digit or better :)) )

As a strictly casual sim pilot with close to no real life piloting experience (the only real life achievement being to ace a 3 minute straight flight in a glider at a safe altitude without crashing 8) ), my expectations were certainly different from those of experienced pilots, who would immediately notice that a button is placed a few centimeters off, or that the engine temperature is 2 degrees lower than it should be.

Me, I probably wouldn't know what the button does, or where I can find the engine temperature (and what it should read).

With all that being said - even I noticed a few ATC issues. Requesting a different altitude usually generates no response. Whenever you reached this "no response" state, the only way to contact ATC again is by selecting another airfield nearby, and then switching back to the original one. Otherwise, the ATC menu won't offer options like requesting a landing clearance.

As for the launch issues - I found them to be minor. Yes, download was slow, but at least it still worked. And once it had installed, you could log in and fly. I remember a few recent game launches where the same could not be said.

The "missing content" affected Steam users of the premium editions, as they had to manually activate the premium content in the MS store. Which was a little stupid, and not documented, but not the end of the world.

Some complained about performance issues. I had none so far. Got a new rig for the FS - Ryzen 5 3600, 32 GB RAM, Geforce 1080 Ti. I can play on Ultra settings (mostly) with no notable performance issues.

Graphics wise, I am mostly deeply impressed. Some cities are missing landmark buildings, or look a bit odd in general, but I'm sure that will improve over time. Did some VFR in regions I am familiar with, and navigating has never been that easy.

I can't wait for the VR mode to launch. I'll give it a shot with my old Oculus Rift, but will probably bite the bullet and get the new HP Reverb.

My online time will remain limited for the next few weeks, but if anybody wants to add me - my Xbox username is Zak EDDH.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Aug 20, 13:40Post
Zak, I will get the game and add you, but I don't know my own name yet.

Thanks to everyone for all of the information. I don't have a flight stick here yet and worry that my old X52 won't work with it. {embarrassed}

I am really excited for another PSPax-type mod to be released! Can someone tell me if S34 airport looks nice???
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Aug 20, 13:41Post
@Shy or others, what happens in places with poor satellite imagery?
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 25 Aug 20, 16:30Post
Lucas wrote:@Shy or others, what happens in places with poor satellite imagery?

It's going to look...um...poor. Personally, I haven't encountered any "poor" imagery, just old (to be expected) and areas that were captured with snow on the ground (disappointing, but excusable for now).

Youtuber "Squirrel" noted, though, that areas of India were bad. He had planned a couple of videos of that area but abandoned the idea when he saw the quality of the imagery.

On my from SAF to PHX right now. Even with Live Traffic on, I seem to be the only aircraft in the sky and talking with ATC. I've discovered that while you can specify any call sign you like, it struggles with pronunciations. It's calling me "She-Flyer." {facepalm}

Using SimBrief to generate my flight plans is so much better than the built-in planner. The built-in planner needs a lot of work. I think the one from FS2000 was better.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Aug 20, 17:20Post
ShyFlyer wrote:
Lucas wrote:@Shy or others, what happens in places with poor satellite imagery?

It's going to look...um...poor. Personally, I haven't encountered any "poor" imagery, just old (to be expected) and areas that were captured with snow on the ground (disappointing, but excusable for now).

Youtuber "Squirrel" noted, though, that areas of India were bad. He had planned a couple of videos of that area but abandoned the idea when he saw the quality of the imagery.

On my from SAF to PHX right now. Even with Live Traffic on, I seem to be the only aircraft in the sky and talking with ATC. I've discovered that while you can specify any call sign you like, it struggles with pronunciations. It's calling me "She-Flyer." {facepalm}

Using SimBrief to generate my flight plans is so much better than the built-in planner. The built-in planner needs a lot of work. I think the one from FS2000 was better.

Well that will make flying in some parts of Alaska less fun!

I wonder how long it'll take people to put more of a game into it. I'm still very excited and think that it'll improve vastly by next year, and with the graphics like that...ooo la la as my gf says.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 26 Aug 20, 16:08Post
I've decided to discontinue my "visits" to the State Capitals of the lower 48 in X-Plane and instead do it in MSFS2020 using the stock Cessna 208.

Findings so far...

Live Weather isn't as live as it seems. Past versions it was roughly 15 minutes old (IIRC). Not sure how old the weather info in this sim is (it seems more than an hour at times), but it often doesn't match the radar info I pull in on Foreflight. Not a tragedy, but hopefully it becomes more up to date as time goes on.

Speaking of weather, either it's not modeling winds aloft correctly or the display in the G1000 is defective. I never seem to encounter winds over three knots. Turbulence encountered over the mountains seems to be accurate, so I'm leaning towards an instrumentation error.

Live Traffic isn't really live, either. Rather than pull in position data of actual aircraft (perhaps too data intensive), it pulls in flight plans and assigns an AI aircraft to it. So far, anytime I hear a "real" flight on the radio, pulling it up on Flightaware shows that aircraft is in fact in my area. Theses real flights in the sim appear to lag behind the real flight as displayed in Flightaware. For example, I had just departed KRNO ahead of a Southwest flight to LAS. Pulling it up on Flightaware, it was showing that flight already at cruise about halfway to LAS. That said, the feature is still far and away better than having AI only.

The AI ATC doesn't seem to understand how to handle the real flights. Based on my observations, it (AI ATC) seems to want them to stay at 10000ft. This explains why a lot of the chatter is ATC harping on the real flights to descend. It's almost as if the real flightplans it pulls in don't include the filed cruising altitude. Needs to be fixed.

Speaking of real flights, when one is assigned to a "Generic" aircraft in the sim, non-airline flights are using the "Generic" callsign. This might have been a conscious decision as real flights being flown by stock aircraft are referred to properly (almost).

The list of callsigns is impressive. I've heard "Foreflight" which I didn't even know existed. Heard one of the Intel Shuttles (Hightech 3112) too! There is a flight in my area operated by IASCO Flight Training, MMY37. It's call sign isn't in the sim (yet?) so ATC is referring to it as Y37.

Selecting approaches in the G1000 needs work. Vectors to final isn't an option in the sim, but it should be. Selecting an approach via a transition is your only option and, when doing so, activating said approach results in the avionics treating you to a turn to return to the last waypoint on your flight plan then turning back around to intercept the line from that waypoint to the first waypoint on the transition.

The Grand Canyon wasn't so grand. It's a known issue that the sim has trouble texturing extreme elevation changes. I've heard that Victoria Falls looks awful. I'm sure these can be fixed by hand, but it remains to be seen if this will be left to third-parties or addressed in house.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 28 Aug 20, 09:20Post
Microsoft Flight Simulator players have turned into virtual stormchasers this week, hunting down Hurricane Laura as it approached the US Gulf Coast. While Texas and Louisiana brace for what is being described as an “unsurvivable storm surge,” the real-time weather inside Microsoft Flight Simulator is providing a surreal spectacle for players.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/27/2140 ... -simulator
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Aug 20, 21:16Post
Yesterday's sim adventure took me back to this trip. The non-av photos aren't in there anymore, but I can assure you that MSFS comes quite close with the impression it delivers.

Take off Tamga airfield's runway 18 in an Xcub. Make a right turn across the village. The larger buildings on the Southern end of Tamga are a sanatorium where Yuri Gagarin recovered from his space flights.

On the only road out of town, westbound, shortly before you hit the shore of lake Issyk-Kul, you can spot the MiG-21 on static display on the ground.

Make another sharp right turn and follow the coastal road towards the Northeast. On the North bank of the lake you can see the Tien Shan mountains, that mark the border to Kazakhstan.

At the next crossroads, make another right turn and follow Barskoon river into the mountains. Keep climbing - you will need the altitude soon enough as you enter the narrow valley.

As you follow the river for several minutes, you will notice the road climbing the mountain in serpentines before making a left turn towards the East. Keep following the road into the mountain.

(Fun fact - I have organized several heavylift transports on the road already, with mining equipment going to Kumtor Gold Mine).

Fly along the high valley, heading Southeast, while the road takes another few serpentines below you. To your right you will see the first glacier on this trip while you pass a small lake below.

A few minutes later, the landscape will open up as you enter a high plateau. Follow the road as it turns to the East, and it will lead you to Kumtor Gold Mine, though that is barely recognizable in MSFS.

The landscape, however, comes pretty close to the real thing. Gave me quite a few goosebumps along the way.

There is no air strip on the high plateau, so I landed on the road and finished by trip there. Or you can fly back the same way you came and land back in Tamga, of course.

Today, I then tried to re-live one of the scariest landings I ever experienced as a passenger.

Look for the airport of Calvi - St. Catherine on the French mediterranean island of Corse. Select runway 36 as destination and start a few miles to the north at cruising altitude in an A320Neo.

Approach Calvi on a 180° heading, fly a right hand pattern into the valley, make a 180° degree turn and land on runway 36.

Made that landing as a passenger in 1994, in an Air Berlin 737 (probably a -400). One white-knuckle landing if ever I experienced one. Re-flying it in MSFS, I certainly understand why. Tried it twice tonight, crashed twice.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 01 Sep 20, 15:47Post
I've got 40+ hours in the sim so far. Despite the issues (which can be fixed), I continue to be thoroughly impressed with what Microsoft and ASOBO have done. I stand by my assertion that the sim was not ready to be released when it was, though I'm sure Microsoft thought pushing back the release date would have been a larger PR issue than a game not quite ready for prime-time.

A patch is still in the works, though publicly all that's been confirmed is fixes for the install errors and stability issues noted on release day. "other bug fixes and improvements" were mentioned, but nothing beyond that. It's due out at the end of this week.

There was maintenance on the sim's "Live Services" last night. I'm not seeing much of a difference in Live Weather and Live Traffic, though I did hear a "Frontier Flight" that didn't have the "Heavy" suffix for the first time.

Noticed a new AI ATC bug: It sometimes doesn't recognize the name of an airport. Example: Austin-Bergstrom Intl was referred to as Alpha Uniform Sierra Tango India November Bravo Echo Romero Golf Sierra Tango Romero Oscar Mike India November Tango Lima during my Clearance Delivery interaction.

I have yet to visit an airport were the taxiway designators match actual charts. I'm not talking about a taxiway or two, but ALL of the taxiways being incorrectly labeled in the sim. It's almost as if MS/ASOBO just made them up themselves.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Sep 20, 17:09Post
I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing good mods coming out. I also wonder if it's worth getting a new flight setup...I've had my X52 since 2007.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 01 Sep 20, 18:00Post
Lucas wrote:I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing good mods coming out.

ORBX has some add-ons for London already in the Marketplace, with more on their website. There is a freeware pack of liveries for some of the default aircraft already available.

Lucas wrote:I also wonder if it's worth getting a new flight setup...I've had my X52 since 2007

You probably will have to get a new controller. If you aren't sure which, I'd recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Inexpensive and it works natively with MSFS2020.

I'm looking at upgrading my sim rig. A simple desk is working for now, but I would like something more ergonomic. Those things are expensive though. Also not sure about upgrading my controller. I'd like to go with a joke, but only if I get an actual rig.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Sep 20, 18:05Post
ShyFlyer wrote:
Lucas wrote:I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing good mods coming out.

ORBX has some add-ons for London already in the Marketplace, with more on their website. There is a freeware pack of liveries for some of the default aircraft already available.

Lucas wrote:I also wonder if it's worth getting a new flight setup...I've had my X52 since 2007

You probably will have to get a new controller. If you aren't sure which, I'd recommend the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Inexpensive and it works natively with MSFS2020.

I'm looking at upgrading my sim rig. A simple desk is working for now, but I would like something more ergonomic. Those things are expensive though. Also not sure about upgrading my controller. I'd like to go with a joke, but only if I get an actual rig.

I'm surprised that they're coming out so fast, but excited to learn it! Someone needs to make a pax/freight-hauler mod ASAP!

I just looked up the Extreme 3D...$100-130 on Amazon! Most everything else isn't even in stock. Guess the release caused a run on sticks. {bugeye} {bugeye} {bugeye}