You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Aviation Sports & Hobby

FSLabs "Steals Pirates' Passwords"

General Aviation, Air Races, Gliding, RC Aircraft, Model Collections, Flight Simulators.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 21 Feb 18, 15:05Post
Who decided this was OK? {crazy}

FSLabs makes add-ons for the hyper popular Microsoft Flight Simulator, according to the company’s website. Budding digital pilots can buy the opportunity to fly other aircraft from around $80 and up.

On Sunday, a user of the /r/flightsim subreddit noticed something amiss with FSLabs’ installer for the A320X add-on, a particular model of aircraft. FSLabs’ software also included a file called “text.exe,” which is actually a password stealer, according to the user’s post.

[...]

Lefteris Kalamaras, founder and owner of FSLabs, took to the flight simulator’s forums on Saturday, and did not deny bundling a piece of malware with his product.

“First of all—there are no tools used to reveal any sensitive information of any customer who has legitimately purchased our products. We all realize that you put a lot of trust in our products and this would be contrary to what we believe,” he wrote; emphasis his own.

“There is a specific method used against specific serial numbers that have been identified as pirate copies and have been making the rounds on ThePirateBay, RuTracker and other such malicious sites,” he added.

[...]

But, the malware file itself, even if not activated, was still “dropped on every single PC it [the FSLabs software] was installed on,” Mabbitt said.

Full story: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... alware-drm
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 21 Feb 18, 16:28Post
$99 for the FSX version and $140 for the P3D version? I know why they have a piracy problem....
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf