You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Aviation Sports & Hobby

Who's Played Facebook Game "Airline Manager?"

General Aviation, Air Races, Gliding, RC Aircraft, Model Collections, Flight Simulators.

Coz 17 Jan 18, 23:48Post
I posted in off-topics, but it also belong here. Anyone want to help me build this online video game? I need quality assurance and beta testing done, so even if you were to play the new game, you'd be participating in building it. The original game, I could put together in under a week, and with better quality. Much more fun, and we'll add more fun using Bitcoin, perhaps.

For those of you who aren't familiar w/ Airline Manager, the game on Facebook, the URL is https://www.facebook.com/theairlinemanager/

We don't need Facebook, either. It could run anywhere, on any platform that supports HTML5...

{thumbsdown} {thumbsup} {thumbsdown} {thumbsup} Yes? No? What think you?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jan 18, 23:56Post
We had an airline manager game running many, many moons ago. I think Queso was pretty much our MVP.

Not sure I have time for such shenanigans these days.
A million great ideas...
Coz 18 Jan 18, 01:09Post
You're right. Queso owned that game. It had almost 450k players. Online, skill-based gaming is a huge and growing multi-billion industry. Add in some virtual currency, I think it would be a blast. The original won't be coming back, and the market is there, but just needs to be tapped into.

Anyway, you guys provide me some feedback. I can do it. I'll host everything on my own servers w/ unlimited bandwidth.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 18 Jan 18, 09:25Post
Back when that thing was hot, I thought about having one here, but my time was going elsewhere (and still is).

I think it would be cool to incorporate publicly-available data, things like a spike in real-world oil prices suddenly making your in-game 747-300s unprofitable (unless you'd hedged), and parsing METAR/NOTAM data so that in-game JFK would go below minimums whenever the real one did.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Jan 18, 11:27Post
Topic moved to proper forum.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Coz 18 Jan 18, 14:44Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Back when that thing was hot, I thought about having one here, but my time was going elsewhere (and still is).

I think it would be cool to incorporate publicly-available data, things like a spike in real-world oil prices suddenly making your in-game 747-300s unprofitable (unless you'd hedged), and parsing METAR/NOTAM data so that in-game JFK would go below minimums whenever the real one did.

Yes, exactly! Real time, real world data that would impact the whole game. Heck, you could use the stock market behavior of certain companies to emulate so many things. It's very doable, but it's not something I feel like doing on my own, more so of a group pet project for all who are interested. The online gaming industry, though. Growing by leaps and bound, and is HUGE.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 22 Jan 18, 17:02Post
Yeah, I attained the #1 spot on that game and kept it for a couple of weeks in 2011 before backing off it and finally just letting it go shortly afterwards. It was fun when we had a few people here playing it, but after Airfoilsguy had his meltdown, it wasn't quite as much fun.

Here's the original thread, probably still one of our longest-active threads (115 pages, I posted there again back in July '17)
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4017

Here's the thread where I announced making it to #1: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11317&hilit=T1A

It was a lot of fun.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
Coz 09 Feb 18, 23:04Post
Queso wrote:Yeah, I attained the #1 spot on that game and kept it for a couple of weeks in 2011 before backing off it and finally just letting it go shortly afterwards. It was fun when we had a few people here playing it, but after Airfoilsguy had his meltdown, it wasn't quite as much fun.

Here's the original thread, probably still one of our longest-active threads (115 pages, I posted there again back in July '17)
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4017

Here's the thread where I announced making it to #1: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11317&hilit=T1A

It was a lot of fun.

It was the only Facebook game I really played. I'm going to read more of that thread to see what the possibilities of creating "Aviation Manager" lol! OK, maybe, Aviation Tycoon? You should be able to win random prizes and stuff, too. That would be fun. It will definitely utilize stock market data to emulate real-time conditions. We can make the original look ridiculous {laugh}
Mark 09 Feb 18, 23:23Post
I played it eight years ago. I checked back in about a year ago and, even after daily storage fees, I still had $80,000,000 in my account.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 12 Feb 18, 13:57Post
Coz wrote:We can make the original look ridiculous {laugh}

It already does.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.