You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Aviation Sports & Hobby

X-Plane 11 Trailer

General Aviation, Air Races, Gliding, RC Aircraft, Model Collections, Flight Simulators.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 Nov 16, 13:58Post

Certainly doesn't look bad.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 30 Nov 16, 14:12Post
Looks awesome, for the 3 seconds of KLM cowl I get before the video crashes my browser. {crazy}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 Nov 16, 14:25Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Looks awesome, for the 3 seconds of KLM cowl I get before the video crashes my browser. {crazy}

To think that you work in IT... {mischief}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 30 Nov 16, 18:37Post
Honestly, it's pretty... but it looks like crap at the same time. The clear crease in the 747-400 wing instead of true dynamic wing flex is seriously FS2002 stuff.

Also, they might not have wanted to include obvious serious frame rate issues as seen at 0:39. That's bad chop.

I'll stick with my 110 Gig FS9 install. It's doesn't have dynamic shine, but so what.
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 30 Nov 16, 19:47Post
Yeah, the choppy frame rate wasn't a particularly big selling point. I can live without all these airport animations if the sim runs well! That said, it does look good from a visual point of view.

Ed, might be the YouTube ad causing your crash as that was when they appeared for me.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 30 Nov 16, 20:11Post
I miss flight simming. Gave up about the same time Microsoft gave up on flight sim.

I'd really like to have a Redbird Jay or the TD2.

I was able to get my hands on a really neat R22 sim at BJC this past weekend. The sim was running Prepar3D. Great device, but the CPU running it still had issues running it smoothly.
Make Orwell fiction again.
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 30 Nov 16, 20:53Post
ShyFlyer wrote:I miss flight simming. Gave up about the same time Microsoft gave up on flight sim.

Microsoft may have given up on it, but the mod community never has, particularly the MIL AV mod community. In fact, we've kind of gone a bit crazy in the last year with releases.
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf