You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Aviation Sports & Hobby

Latest Modeling

General Aviation, Air Races, Gliding, RC Aircraft, Model Collections, Flight Simulators.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 16 May 16, 13:54Post
This will definitely upset the scale apple cart...
Attachments
F-4G Model.JPG
F-4G Model.JPG (1.95 MiB) Viewed 3660 times
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 May 16, 14:18Post
Phackinell! {bugeye}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Cadet57 16 May 16, 23:30Post
Decided to get back into aircraft modeling. Going to start with the 1/72 Dash-8 thats been in my closet for over a decade. Going to get either some USAir or Piedmont decals for it. Also currently bidding on a 1/72 HP Jetstream. If I win that one will be either United Express or Pan Am. And finally, going to do a Revell FH-227. That one I'm thinking about doing a diorama with, but I can't find any 1/100 GSE (kit is 1/96), closest I can find is 1/72 and that might be way too big. I wonder if 1/144 would work better.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 May 16, 07:03Post
Seems to be some 1:87 floating around out there, not a lot though.

One thing you could try is going 3D-printed, for example here's a pair of baggage tractors:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/KJ58XR ... ractor-2pc

Those are 1:87, but I bet it'd be 5 minutes' work for the seller to scale them down to 1:100 or even 1:96.
Cadet57 18 May 16, 01:08Post
I really need to check the ol modeling closet again. Found a half finished FH-227 kit.... Right after buying another. :))
Cadet57 18 May 16, 13:51Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Seems to be some 1:87 floating around out there, not a lot though.

One thing you could try is going 3D-printed, for example here's a pair of baggage tractors:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/KJ58XR ... ractor-2pc

Those are 1:87, but I bet it'd be 5 minutes' work for the seller to scale them down to 1:100 or even 1:96.

Well, Shanwick. Not only did you help me find these pieces. This maker is willing to scale them to 1/96 AND thanks to where I spend half my life, I'm going to get some pictures and measurements of other GSE and he will make them as he has time. {thumbsup} {thumbsup}
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 18 May 16, 13:55Post
Cadet57 wrote:Well, Shanwick. Not only did you help me find these pieces. This maker is willing to scale them to 1/96 AND thanks to where I spend half my life, I'm going to get some pictures and measurements of other GSE and he will make them as he has time. {thumbsup} {thumbsup}

That's awesome! :)
CALTECH 10 Aug 16, 16:12Post
miamiair wrote:This will definitely upset the scale apple cart...

One of my favorite aircraft, damn good looking model...

Latest, German Super Fortiberator...

CALTECH 10 Aug 16, 16:37Post
The 'Lexan' fleet,....

CALTECH 10 Aug 16, 16:45Post
CALTECH 15 Aug 16, 03:38Post
Another Japanese Macross,.....this Veritech Fighter model can be transformed into a Macross Battloid.....

Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 15 Aug 16, 12:52Post
I didn't know there was a model kit for the VF-25. Very nice.
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
CALTECH 15 Aug 16, 21:05Post
Click Click D'oh wrote:I didn't know there was a model kit for the VF-25. Very nice.

They have a few versions of the VF-25 Messiah.

I have packed away a lot of the VF-0, VF-1 in different versions, VF-19, VF-21, VF-22, and some odd ones. They are up to the SV-51 as the latest,

CALTECH 24 Aug 16, 13:55Post