You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Aviation Sports & Hobby

iPilot

General Aviation, Air Races, Gliding, RC Aircraft, Model Collections, Flight Simulators.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 27 Aug 12, 12:23Post
Never heard of this before, until a fellow spotter from Hamburg went there today:

http://www.flyipilot.co.uk/

Offering professional sim flights for everyone. Available in London, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Qatar and Dubai.

Not cheap - a full hour in HAM costs €149, in London it's even £189.

I'm waiting for the trip report, and will then decide whether to give it a try myself.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
helvknight (Founding Member) 27 Aug 12, 13:42Post
I've seen the one in MUC, it looks pretty good. It's not a full motion sim though, basically a flight deck mock-up with wrap around screens.

The sims are based on the 738 but in DUS they also have a 744 sim.

The €149 is for an hour with an instructor, not too cheap

There's also this lot, they seem to rent spare sim time from Lufty Training offering 3H (1H as PF, 1H PNF and 1H jumpseat) for €295 (A320/B737) - €395 (A380). In this case they are proper full motion sims in FRA, SXF, MUC, VIE.
Last edited by helvknight on 27 Aug 12, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
Hire Engineers to drive the vision and execute a plan. Hire MBAs to shuffle the papers and work in sales. Hire Accountants to manage your staff working a viable livable wage, and never have either an Accountant or an MBA run your company. - Steve Jobs
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 27 Aug 12, 13:48Post
helvknight wrote:It's not a full motion sim though, basically a flight deck mock-up with wrap around screens.

I thought as much, going by the photos on their website.

helvknight wrote:The sims are based on the 738 but in DUS they also have a 744 sim.

Here in HAM, it's an A320. And in Doha and Dubai, they have the 777-300ER.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Aug 12, 14:04Post
Next LHR or MAN meet, I might well be up for sharing a full-motion sim session; there seem to be several companies offering these.

As long as they still have Kai Tak in there {cheerful}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 27 Aug 12, 14:11Post
I'll sponsor a C172 sim ride for ya... {duck}

ShanwickOceanic wrote:As long as they still have Kai Tak in there

iPilot has, or at least that's what their homepage says. Most popular airport among their customers, along with SXM.

Watching you drown a 747 in the harbour after tearing down the checkerboard sign is a show I'd sure not want to miss. :))
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Aug 12, 14:20Post
And I want you laughing at me and doing exactly the same right after on video {mischief}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.