You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Aviation Sports & Hobby

Microsoft FLIGHT axed, yay!

General Aviation, Air Races, Gliding, RC Aircraft, Model Collections, Flight Simulators.

Fly2HMO 27 Jul 12, 00:23Post
Good riddance. This was an insult to decades of hard work from all the original developers and a slap in the face to long time fans.

http://www.techspot.com/news/49544-micr ... yoffs.html

Hopefully after this MS got the hint that they may as well concentrate on an actual FS11 next time they decide to revive the series.

After all, clearly the niche market of hardcore simmers is much more tremendous than they predicted. And fact of the matter is, your average john doe couldn't give a damn about aviation. All the word "aviation" brings to the minds of the general public is: TSA groping, price gouging, long lines, delays, etc etc etc there is no romance left in aviation as of many years ago, and their stupid little arcade games will never bring that back.
meh
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 27 Jul 12, 05:45Post
I was going to post this, but didn't have time. Gee, who didn't see this coming. Removing the simulation from the sim so that you can have a game, but leaving out the game part.

Horrible.

Guess I hope XPlane does well in the future. I've never gotten much into it because I love FS Pax on the MSFS line, and the key assignments were horribly un-user friendly.