You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

Trip Report: Vistara - India's Best Airline

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

flyingvegan 14 Aug 23, 18:35Post
Hi Avgeeks,

I am sharing my experience flying India's Vistara Airline A320N from Coimbatore International airport to India's financial capital Mumbai CSMI airport. Vistara is the only Full Service Carrier in India that offers premium economy seats in selected domestic routes within India. It is jointly owned by India's TATA group and Singapore airlines. Soon this airline will be history as it is to be merged with Air India, which is also now owned by TATA group.

The cabin was neat and tidy, the lavatories were clean, the cabin crew were friendly but only some of them had a smiling face. I opted for vegetarian food, however the taste wasn't good and it was below average. Flight was on time.

I am sharing the whole experience in this video, kindly watch and comment on it.

Overall a good flight and I would give a rating of 7 out of 10.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Aug 23, 10:50Post
flyingvegan wrote:Soon this airline will be history as it is to be merged with Air India, which is also now owned by TATA group.

This is sad to hear. Everything I've heard and read about Vistara has been really positive, and I doubt this merger is going to improve anything. Sure, there's an argument that Air India has global brand recognition, but so does al-Qaeda.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 15 Aug 23, 11:37Post
Interesting video. It's a shame Vistara are being absorbed into Air India, they seem to offer something different from the rest.

How do you find recording in and around Indian airports? I know there have been incidents with photographers being arrested before.
A million great ideas...
flyingvegan 23 Aug 23, 06:55Post
JLAmber wrote:Interesting video. It's a shame Vistara are being absorbed into Air India, they seem to offer something different from the rest.

How do you find recording in and around Indian airports? I know there have been incidents with photographers being arrested before.

Photography/video at the Indian airport is allowed. Except if the airport is located at some sensitive locations, for eg: If it is located in the union territory of Jammu&Kashmir, Ladakh then it must be a problem.