You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

Delta to Green Bay - July 2022

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

Paul Chandler1 04 Sep 22, 19:52Post
First visit to USA since 2019 so was looking forward to the trip on DL19 from Heathrow to Green Bay WI (via Detroit). Through the usual formalities at Heathrow quickly having allowed extra time just in case. Boarded N855NW and that's when it started to go a bit wrong. Pilot informed passengers of a minor technical issue which was being looked at (10 or 15 minute delay) this time came and went, another PA from pilot - problem is more serious so might taka a couple of hours to fix. 2 hours went by - another PA, plane is broken so everybody off. Luckily Delta had another A330 on the next gate so every ting was moved across to that one and after a total 5 hour delay took off at 4.14pm.

With such a late departure i knew i had missed my connecting flight to Green Bay but also knew there was another flight in the evening (8:30pm) Got to Detroit, through immigration very quickly and collected my luggage. Handed this back to Delta and got a boarding pass, asked if on the 8.30, told yes and proceeded to the C gates where i found my boarding pass was for the following day ! . Ended up having to spend a night in Detroit which may have been lucky as the 8.30 did not depart until after 10pm.
DXing 05 Sep 22, 12:35Post
I think the NW at the end of the registration would have been the trigger for concern for me. That's got to be an older plane. I remember getting on one of the old PW powered UA 757's a few years ago and wondering what sort of museum piece I was flying on.

A night in Detroit....you've earned your "combat" badge!! {laugh} {laugh}
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 08 Sep 22, 00:38Post
An overnight in DTW courtesy of NW. . . .

Yes I earned that badge.

Flying from ANC-SEA-MSP-MKE . . . dozen or so years ago.

NW managed to shit all over that trip. ANC-SEA two hours late, so misconnect to MSP. Checked at a service desk at SEA and had boarding passes for SEA-DTW and still managing the MKE flight.

SEA-DTW was two hours late. Misconnect, again. Was on line with another NAS member and current friend that lives in DTW area during the flight SEA-DTW.

He was kind enough to grab my sorry ass at DTW, take me to his abode, and then bring me back to DTW at the butt-crack of dawn to I could make the first bird heading to MKE the next day.

That guy has a standing invitation to where-ever I am any time he wants.

Bags . . . . well, now that a different story. Two days later they arrived.

Welcome to NW.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!