You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

Dear LH...

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 28 Aug 18, 22:22Post
Reading that FB page is hilarious but also a bit sad.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 Aug 18, 11:02Post
You mean comedy gold like this one?

lufthansa_null.jpg
lufthansa_null.jpg (129.61 KiB) Viewed 4151 times

{nut}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 07 Sep 18, 00:19Post
Sounds like 5*hansa needs to remove a few * from the side of their aircraft.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 07 Sep 18, 08:35Post
About 4 of them, if you ask me.

1 month has passed. LH "customer service" is still like...
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
fiatstilojtd 17 Sep 18, 06:11Post
Hi Zak,

the owner of austrianaviation.net also ran into troubles with LH lately (it is currently Headline-News on their website) and the only way for him to get his compensation was to contact the Press-Department. It obviously worked wonders.

http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... ie-sterne/
Non vitae sed scholae discimus
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 18, 12:13Post
After having left a couple of snarky comments on LH's Facebook page, I got several messages from frequent travellers who did exactly that - contact LH's press department. It always led to immediate compensation, no questions asked.

You can also register an account with "Vielfliegertreff", the biggest German-speaking online community for frequent travellers. LH has an official account there and will expedite claims for forum members.

I haven't found the time to do all that yet. And honestly, I find it quite sad that LH only serves those customers who know the right buttons to push. If I contact their PR department now, I'm sure I'd have my money in no time, but another poor soul waiting for months already will have to wait even longer then.

It's really sad to see how LH treats their customers, even if it is out of presumed helplessness. But contrary to what LH claims, their current service problems are not just owed to "global aviation ops problems and weather incidents". They are mostly caused by internal processes and failed management decisions.

So instead of writing to Lufthansa, I think I will take the time to inquire with Skytrax and ask them to elaborate how their perception of LH's service level can deviate so extremely from actual passenger ones.

Skytrax' detailed LH rating must sound like cynicism in the ears of passengers who recently got to experience LH's wonderful "service level". I can't imagine the other 9 airlines in the 5-star list can be too happy about that.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 18, 12:28Post
On a side note, I sent two techs to CMN to repair a busted A330. They flew out on IB MIA-MAD. MAD-CMN on Air Nostrum. They raved about it. Back on LH thru FRA, and back to MIA on the A380. They were in biz, and they said LH sucked ass.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
fiatstilojtd 17 Sep 18, 19:12Post
My information might be a little bit outdated, but back in the days when I was in the Customer Service "Slavery-Mill" one of the worst employers was actually Globaltelesales (in the meantime they are called LH Intouch - maybe now they might go back to their old name) in different countries. People literally took their feets into their hands and ran off on a daily basis.

I guess Skytrax would also be a waste of time considering that they recently / lately provided GYD (Baku, Azerbaijan) - out of all Airports in the world - with a "Five star rating". That Airport is nothing special/out of the ordinary and even worse once they find out that you have a stamp from Yerevan in your Passport.

To Miamiair's point Air Nostrum is within the Iberia-Group by far the best Airline. Back in 2015 when I worked for them (outsourced to SITEL) in Lisboa I heard praise about them from very satisfied clients on a daily basis.
Non vitae sed scholae discimus
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 17 Sep 18, 22:13Post
fiatstilojtd wrote:To Miamiair's point Air Nostrum is within the Iberia-Group by far the best Airline. Back in 2015 when I worked for them (outsourced to SITEL) in Lisboa I heard praise about them from very satisfied clients on a daily basis.

When I flew them to TLS and back, they were a real treat. The only thing that stunk was the CRJ. Crew and food were great.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Sep 18, 22:46Post
miamiair wrote:
fiatstilojtd wrote:To Miamiair's point Air Nostrum is within the Iberia-Group by far the best Airline. Back in 2015 when I worked for them (outsourced to SITEL) in Lisboa I heard praise about them from very satisfied clients on a daily basis.

When I flew them to TLS and back, they were a real treat. The only thing that stunk was the CRJ. Crew and food were great.

I flew on the first CRJ1000 service to visit the UK (MAD-LTN) with YW and they were fantastic. You got the feeling they were actively trying to be better than the mainline IB product. The same applies to LH where you're often going to get a better experience, particularly in economy, with 4U or EW.
A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 18 Sep 18, 12:13Post
No way! LH just got back to me, at least on my first claim, regarding my bills for clothes shopping. And I will get a full refund for that.

Took them 6 weeks, but, to give credit where credit is due, the final result is satisfactory. If the money will indeed show up on my account, of course.

The message came from one of the higher-ups in customer service, which makes me wonder if this is a standard policy, or if my constant rantage on social media did catch somebody's attention. Guess we'll never know.

My second claim regarding the seats I reserved but never got is still pending. In terms of financial damage, it's the much smaller one, though, so I won't hold my breath.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 Oct 18, 12:26Post
Another month, another answer - and I'll get another refund. €50 this time, for the second claim about the seats I paid for, but never got.

Aside from the ridiculously long processing time, the final result certainly is satisfactory. The compensation received is absolutely adequate, and you have to give LH credit for that, as it's most certainly not an industry standard these days.

As it would happen, LH made the news here just today, when admitting that they had a total 18,000 cancelled flights so far this year. That's about 65 cancellations every day - delays and missed connections not even counted (nor lost bags).

The same number of cancellations would occur if LH's main hub FRA would be closed for a full 2 weeks.

LH now plans to provide more backup aircraft, in attempt to reduce the number of cancellations and delays.

Source (German): https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/fl ... a-101.html
DXing 19 Oct 18, 21:18Post
PA110 wrote:

What you're describing sounds more like by last experience on BA.

I'm so glad I don't have to fly for work anymore. The bean counters have sucked all the joy out of travel.

I agree. BA dropped a few notches in my book yesterday. Paid £2.45 for a cup of hot tea!!! {bugeye} I understand making use of revenue stream. I don't understand gouging.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 18 Jan 19, 16:52Post
Just out of interest, Stefan, did the cheques bounce? {boxed}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Jan 19, 00:34Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Just out of interest, Stefan, did the cheques bounce? {boxed}

{laugh} {laugh} {laugh}

Just asking . . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jan 19, 02:41Post
Cheques? In which century do you live? {silly}

Money was wired just a few days after I got the message. Can't complain about that part.