You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

ORD-MCO-ATL-ORD

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Dec 17, 02:41Post
FFS.

Not so sure this whole AA ORD-MCO will be manageable until I see if play out on the news and in reality.

Return is on DL . . .FFS . . . through ATL with a two hour layover.

We're in Y+ . . . . I MIGHT be able to survive.

I get miles for AS on the outbound but not back on DL . . . . AS/DL ended several month ago.

If AA would pull their head out of their posteriors I'd be more confident. I have no trust. Airlines versus Unions.

Continued when the trip progresses.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 01 Dec 17, 18:42Post
At your age, don't people normally fly back from Florida in a private fully-flat suite? {duck}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Dec 17, 19:28Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:At your age, don't people normally fly back from Florida in a private fully-flat suite? {duck}

Yeah, I s'pose . . . I'm only 58, I'm not dead. This trip might kill me though, DL and ATL and in Y+. I shall certainly require a libation before departure. There's probably gonna be brats all over the place too . . . . {grumpy}
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Dec 17, 01:36Post
Jetblue's Y+/EMS was pretty massive and nice, IMHO, than DL's :-/
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Dec 17, 02:19Post
Lucas wrote:Jetblue's Y+/EMS was pretty massive and nice, IMHO, than DL's :-/

Tried to talk MRSANC into ORD-SEA-MCO/MCO-LAX-ORD on AS/VX and she'd have none of it. :)

F on AA, Y+ on DL . . . . DL, FFS
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 03 Dec 17, 09:36Post
ANCFlyer wrote:Tried to talk MRSANC into ORD-SEA-MCO/MCO-LAX-ORD on AS/VX and she'd have none of it. :)

{laugh} Don't Emirates fly to both Chicago and Orlando? And they have F...
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Dec 17, 11:55Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
ANCFlyer wrote:Tried to talk MRSANC into ORD-SEA-MCO/MCO-LAX-ORD on AS/VX and she'd have none of it. :)

{laugh} Don't Emirates fly to both Chicago and Orlando? And they have F...

I'd love that! The chanced of the MRS going along for that ride . . . .

ZERO.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 03 Dec 17, 21:23Post
I had a quick stop in MCO yesterday before heading to MIA. I was on the redeye AA flight from LAX. What a miserable airport. It's old, full of kids and seniors (20+ pre-boarders) and there's no good food options unless you trek back to the core terminal. At least the Admiralds Club is new.

AA's old US seats up front on the early era A321's are pathetic. I'd even say they're worse than the tan seats they used to have on the AA 752. No winged headrest, minimal legroom and recline, no power and obviously no AVOD.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Dec 17, 00:39Post
CO777ER wrote:AA's old US seats up front on the early era A321's are pathetic. I'd even say they're worse than the tan seats they used to have on the AA 752. No winged headrest, minimal legroom and recline, no power and obviously no AVOD.

Had that experience several months ago. Beat, old AA(US)321 we flew had terrible seats and lousy IFE . . . .

I believe I mentioned that in a TR somewhere. Abysmal.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!