You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

December 2022 Travels

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

Paul Chandler1 15 Jan 23, 17:21Post
I was really excited to be visiting my family in the Philippines to spend Christmas with them for the first time since2019. Routing was London City, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Manila. Thursday 15th December i set off for London city airport, allowing plenty of time due to poor weather and rail strikes. Arrived way ahead of my flight and waited until check opened (2 hours before departure) My flight was already slightly delayed by this point but i was able to monitor the aircraft scheduled to do the flight on FR24. Aircraft was
D-AECI E190 of Lufthansa Cityline and was on a rotation from Milan to Frankfurt before coming to London City. Unfortunately that flight (FRA-LCY) was cancelled 1 hour before departure leaving some 80 passengers stuck at LCY. After a long wait i was eventually re-booked on Kuwait Airways from Heathrow to Manila (via Kuwait City) some 3 days later and was put in a taxi to get me home. I was pleasantly surprised with Kuwait Airways who got me to Manila on time and with 2 hot meal services on each flight + snacks available the on board service was fine.

Return leg was as per my original booking so flew CX to Hong Kong (A330 -
B-HLO) and the Lufthansa (A340-313 D-AIFF) HK to Fra and A320 to LHR. It was a long flight from HK (14 hours 20 mins) on account of not being able to overfly Russia. On board service was ok but only 1 hot meal and a cold snack for that length of flight was underwhelming (no snacks available either)
DXing 16 Jan 23, 01:21Post
Ah, the Philippines, on the bucket list. Someday. Glad you got there in the end. Sounds like Kuwait Airlines offers some good service.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?