You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

First trip to Tbilisi

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

halls120 (Plank Owner) 11 Dec 21, 15:07Post
Just 3 weeks after my last trip, it was skyward again, this time to Tbilisi, Georgia. Boarded a Turkish A321neo for the 3 hour flight to IST, and it was an excellent trip. This was a fairly new bird, and had an impressive F cabin. It was a late afternoon departure from STR and a late evening arrival at IST. Spent a few hours in the TK business lounge, and boarded a very cramped TK 738 for the 2.2 hr flight to TBS. Arrives at TBS to find a very modern airport, much like any airport that size you'd find in Europe.

Since we arrived at the hotel at 0530 local, and I didn't sleep at all on the flight, I darkened the room and slept until 1400. Had several business events the next day, topped off by a Supra, hosted by our Georgian hosts. If you've done one, you know what it was, and if you haven't, by all means Google it. Collapsed in my room around midnight, and dragged myself out of bed, thinking "i'm too old for this ****," and it was off to the next round of events. One that involved me going on stage to make a short presentation. When it was over, I texted the fabulous MsHalls120 to tell her that I had managed to deliver my address without throwing up on stage. She thought that was hilarious. Back to my hotel room, where I crashed for another 4 hours.

Trip back was a reversal of the outbound - TK 738 to IST, and an older TK 321 to STR. Only note of interest was that this was the first time in my life I did not partake of the free alcohol offered in an airport lounge. {yuck}

Landed in STR without incident, and caught a cab home to continue my detoxification. :))

Now that COVID is back, that might be my last trip for several months, and if it is, it will have been a memorable one!
At home in the PNW and loving it