You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Trip Reports

Trip Report: INDIGO - India's Largest Airline

Share your latest flight experience or aviation-related poetry with us.

flyingvegan 13 Apr 21, 13:30Post
Hi,

Recently I had flown on Indigo Airlines on Economy class from Coimbatore International airport in India to India's capital city's New Delhi Indira Gandhi INTL airport. Indigo airline is India's largest airline by fleet size and in terms of passengers handled. This is my second flight after the pandemic lock down, things have changed a lot after the pandemic. I am sharing the experience here, Indigo is the monopoly operator in this route and it is becoming monopoly operator in most of the routes now a days. The online check-in and selection of seats which is chargeable has been made mandatory, my flight was a bit behind the schedule departure time, as Indigo being a low cost airline there is no In-flight Entertainment and food have to be pre-booked online and you also have the option to buy onboard with limited selection. All the passengers seated in the aisle and window seats were provided with a covid-19 safety kit that had a face shield, a face mask and some sanitizers, the passenger who were about to be seated in the middle seats were provided with PPE kits. As I had pre-booked the in-flight meal, I had to select from the list of available options and I had opted for a prepacked bottle of fruit juice and a bowl of prepacked readily made south Indian food. The food was above average even though it was a prepacked one. Landing was smooth and on time. Overall it was a nice flight.

I have shared the whole experience in the video, kindly watch and comment on it.

Last edited by flyingvegan on 13 Apr 21, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 13 Apr 21, 13:48Post
Cool report. Got better food than I did on Delta Comfort +.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 13 Apr 21, 15:24Post
Nice to watch. I was surprised by the size of the serving that you got. Aside from a recent charter flight I was on, this was better than the offerings I've been getting at the back of some US airlines. Nice that they gave you a bottle of water, too.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Apr 21, 10:56Post
miamiair wrote:Cool report. Got better food than I did on Delta Comfort +.

Better than MRSANC and I got ORD-HNL in F and that was pre-pandemic . . . 8 hours, one service. Inedible.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 16 Apr 21, 12:04Post
One of the last trips across the pond I took, mrsmiamiair maid me a sandwich, just in case. It came in handy. A sad state of affairs when you have to pretty much bring your own goodies, even in the premium cabin.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Apr 21, 12:48Post
That's appalling.

I can understand the argument that you don't want everyone unmasked and eating at once - but if it was about that and not cost savings, surely you could move to a "dine on demand" model and heat the business class meals as and when?

Here, I simply don't get why we need a blueberry-juice run on a 1-hour OUL-HEL but coffee is verboten. (Especially when we all get to smell the pilots' coffees as they're brought up from the aft galley...)
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 19 Apr 21, 12:16Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Here, I simply don't get why we need a blueberry-juice run on a 1-hour OUL-HEL but coffee is verboten. (Especially when we all get to smell the pilots' coffees as they're brought up from the aft galley...)

I don't drink coffee that is brewed in the airplanes. Take a look inside any water tank, and you will never drink it again(On an airplane, that is).
Mark 19 Apr 21, 20:13Post
miamiair wrote:
I don't drink coffee that is brewed in the airplanes.

Likewise, I don't drink tap water or tea made with tap water on airplanes.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175