You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : The Finer Things

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

A forum about lifestyle: toys, gadgets, fine food, drinks and smokes.

helvknight (Founding Member) 09 Jun 10, 20:33Post
Shamelessly stolen from another forum (where it's up to 1300 pages)

What it says on the tin, what are you listening to as you post this.

Me: Nightwish Wishmaster.

Hire Engineers to drive the vision and execute a plan. Hire MBAs to shuffle the papers and work in sales. Hire Accountants to manage your staff working a viable livable wage, and never have either an Accountant or an MBA run your company. - Steve Jobs
Airfoilsguy (Founding Member) 09 Jun 10, 20:53Post
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 09 Jun 10, 21:02Post
CPU fan at the moment; sounds like I have a 777 on my lap. Stupid corporate Sophos piece of crap, kicks in right when I start doing useful work (though, admittedly, not for work!) ;)

helvknight wrote:Me: Nightwish Wishmaster.

I loved their re-working of the Crimson Tide (brought to you by... Tampax!) theme; the way he attacks that drum at the start is priceless:

My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
PlymSpotter (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 10 Jun 10, 01:34Post
I was listening to Ghost Love Score a little while ago whilst painting. Aside of being a truly epic song in the correct sense of the word, it's useful because I didn't have to get off the ladder for a whole ten minutes :)) I love their covers too - uncanny this thread came along, I've had a bit of a Nightwish evening!

Highest Hopes:

I did once try growing a beard like that. I had the hair, but the beard failed to impress {embarrassed} One day...

Over The Hills and Far Away:

If anyone likes cycling, try listening to power metal whilst you do it. I will absoloutely fly when I've got it on, as I find myself matching each turn to the beat. Great for getting energy out of your system!

Dan :)
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 10 Jun 10, 01:46Post
Make Orwell fiction again.
halls120 (Plank Owner) 10 Jun 10, 01:59Post
Warren Zevon

and of course
At home in the PNW and loving it
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 Jun 10, 07:30Post
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 10 Jun 10, 07:46Post
At this very moment? Right about here on In Search of Sunrise 3 (Tiesto):

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 10 Jun 10, 10:53Post
Right now in the office?

Mark Levin Show Audio Rewind. This is an audio link.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
aloges (Founding Member) 10 Jun 10, 14:43Post
five or six of the videos in this thread, all at the same time

It sounds like somebody machine-gunning a blender full of birds. {scratch} I should call Simon Cowell.
sosumi
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 10 Jun 10, 15:09Post
No chance to listen to music in the office, but on the way to work it was... Nightwish! {cheerful}

PlymSpotter wrote:Ghost Love Score ... a truly epic song in the correct sense of the word

{check} {check} {check}

JeffSFO wrote:In Search of Sunrise 3 (Tiesto)

I listened to Tiesto last weekend, during a three hour drive. Great stuff!
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Mark 10 Jun 10, 15:12Post

Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 11 Jun 10, 17:10Post
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
PlymSpotter (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 11 Jun 10, 22:16Post
Technically the neighbours might be listening to this as well, as it's muggy and I still have the windows wide open. I'm in a Blondie mood:

Alas, that is it now for music. My mother doesn't particularly mind most of my choices and is out most days anyway, but in 35 minutes my Grandparents land back at Bristol from holiday, and they do. Well, saying that, they mind what they can actually hear as a pair of mid 80 year olds, which quite often isn't the phone ringing on the seat next to them, but they normally pick up any sort of bass and I do love utilising my 7:1 surround sound. Back to the headphones I guess...

Dan :)
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 14 Jun 10, 13:27Post
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
kmh1956 (Founding Member) 14 Jun 10, 13:57Post
I'm at work so I have to keep my volume WAAAAAY down...but at the moment it's 'Seven Days to the Wolves'...and yeah, it's Nightwish!!
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 14 Jun 10, 14:06Post
I like the boots...

And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
helvknight (Founding Member) 14 Jun 10, 18:19Post
My SO. And it's doing my head in For **** sake will you stop nagging!
Hire Engineers to drive the vision and execute a plan. Hire MBAs to shuffle the papers and work in sales. Hire Accountants to manage your staff working a viable livable wage, and never have either an Accountant or an MBA run your company. - Steve Jobs
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 14 Jun 10, 22:04Post
The sound of a cheeseburger with mushrooms, mayo, grilled onions and lettuce and a side of large Five Guys style fries digesting. {cheerful}
Make Orwell fiction again.
Cadet57 14 Jun 10, 23:09Post
Makeshift Patriot by Sage Francis (ignore the video, the song isnt about Bush, but rather 9/11)

ShyFlyer wrote:The sound of a cheeseburger with mushrooms, mayo, grilled onions and lettuce and a side of large Five Guys style fries digesting. {cheerful}

I have to drive up to school tomorrow and there is a Five Guys on the way. Maybe I'll stop there for lunch....
aloges (Founding Member) 15 Jun 10, 00:15Post

Nice still there... {scratch}
sosumi
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 Nov 10, 12:59Post
I've been listening to a lot of the Scroob lately:-

{thumbsup}
A million great ideas...
helvknight (Founding Member) 07 Nov 10, 13:50Post
A bit of Die Toten Hosen

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 07 Nov 10, 14:28Post
helvknight wrote:A bit of Die Toten Hosen

That looks like fun, but my German's not good enough to catch it all. Have to find a translation later.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
helvknight (Founding Member) 07 Nov 10, 15:18Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
helvknight wrote:A bit of Die Toten Hosen

That looks like fun, but my German's not good enough to catch it all. Have to find a translation later.

Well here's the lyrics

Zehn kleine Jägermeister rauchten einen Joint,
den einen hat es umgehaun, da waren's nur noch neun.

Neun kleine Jägermeister wollten gerne erben,
damit es was zu erben gab, musste einer sterben.

Acht kleine Jägermeister fuhren gerne schnell,
sieben fuhrn nach Düsseldorf, einer fuhr nach Köln.

Einer für alle, alle für einen,
wenn einer fort ist, wer wird denn gleich weinen?
Einmal trifft's jeden, ärger dich nicht,
so geht's im Leben, du oder ich.

Sieben kleine Jägermeister warn beim Rendezvous,
bei einem kam ganz unverhofft der Ehemann hinzu.

Sechs kleine Jägermeister wollten Steuern sparen,
einer wurde eingelocht, fünf durften nachbezahlen.

Fünf kleine Jägermeister wurden kontrolliert,
ein Polizist nahm's zu genau, da warn sie noch zu viert.

Einmal muss jeder gehen
und wenn dein Herz zerbricht,
davon wird die Welt nicht untergehn -
Mensch ärger dich nicht!

Vier kleine Jägermeister bei der Bundeswehr,
sie tranken um die Wette, den Besten gibt's nicht mehr.

Drei kleine Jägermeister gingen ins Lokal,
dort gab's zwei Steaks mit Bohnen und eins mit Rinderwahn.

Zwei kleine Jägermeister baten um Asyl,
einer wurde angenommen, der andere war zu viel.

Einmal muss jeder gehen
und wenn dein Herz zerbricht,
davon wird die Welt nicht untergehn -
Mensch ärger dich nicht!
Ja, davon wird die Welt nicht untergehn -
Mensch ärger dich nicht!

Plugging it into Google gives hilarious reults.