You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : The Finer Things

What Games Are You Playing? (XBOX/PC/ETC.)

A forum about lifestyle: toys, gadgets, fine food, drinks and smokes.

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Jun 10, 18:18Post
Pretty simple question, but there's also a second part. Here's my list, all PC, some with screenshots, when I had them:

-FS2004 (As always.)
--->Below: On patrol in Mexico + A Hawker 800 descends over Bountiful, UT, enroute to SLC.

-STALKER: COP (Fantastic game.)
--->Below: Searching an anomaly to make some money.

-Mount and Blade + Mods (Fun.)
-Civilization IV
-Defense Grid: The Awakening

-Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Finally to Atlantis!)
--->Below: Me and my homie Midas.

Risen (Crashes too much on my Nvidia, though.)
--->Below:Found this amusing.

Games that I own but haven't played:
-Supreme Commander 2
-The Witcher Enhanced
-Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.

And for the ultimate question, what is your favorite game of the past year? Mine is....

Mass Effect 2

And yes, my Commander Shepard is totally hot. :))

--->Below: Shepard, saving someone from something.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 01 Jun 10, 18:20Post
PS3 Modern Warfare 2
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Jun 10, 18:26Post
miamiair wrote:PS3 Modern Warfare 2

Lucky.

Honestly, my list is composed of games that I'm playing, but between work, studying, cleaning, and seeing that the bills get paid, etc., I only have about 5 hours per week to play, and I spend about 4.5 of those allotted hours on NAS. {frown} :)) {thumbsup}
aloges (Founding Member) 01 Jun 10, 18:42Post
SimCity 3000
Civilisation III Conquests

Any questions? :))
sosumi
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 01 Jun 10, 18:53Post
I try not to play games, in general, because I find them either pointless or addictive.

That said, I do have Silent Wings installed on the laptop, and will occasionally blow an evening on ridge-soaring. Haven't got into multi-player yet, because (1) I'm nowhere near good enough, and (2) I'll probably find it way too addictive.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 01 Jun 10, 21:07Post
On PC:
Portal
SimSig (really geeky- basically simulate a real world, UK based electronic signalbox).

XBox 360:
Tiger Woods 2010
Red Dead: Redemption
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
davestan_ksan 01 Jun 10, 22:26Post
PC: FSX (luckily have a computer that can run it now), and Portal (released for Mac recently).

PS3: Red Dead Redemption, F1 Championship Edition (can't wait until F1 2010 comes out!), and Dirt 2.
John 16:33 | Gary Johnson 2012
jpetekUA777 (Founding Member) 01 Jun 10, 23:30Post
As usual, its FSX and the sports game i'm in the mood for, which has been NBA 2K10 for awhile.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 02 Jun 10, 00:06Post
Pirates. :))

And Wanted (Half-Life Mod)...

Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Cadet57 02 Jun 10, 00:30Post
davestan_ksan wrote:PC: FSX (luckily have a computer that can run it now), and Portal (released for Mac recently).

I NEVER understood the attraction of Portal. It came free when I bought Orange Box but I could never get into it. That also said. I wish Valve would hurry the hell up and get the Orange Box games out for Mac. I haven't played TF2 in ages and I am absolutely dying to...
IFEMaster (Project Dark Overlord & Founding Member) 02 Jun 10, 14:59Post
StarCraft 2 (beta)
World of Warcraft
Portal
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
KFLLCFII 02 Jun 10, 18:48Post
Call me old-fashioned, but every once in awhile I'll break out the...

and the...

:))
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 02 Jun 10, 18:52Post
KFLLCFII wrote:Call me old-fashioned, but every once in awhile I'll break out the...

:))

Do you have a Commodore 64 too?
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
DAL764 02 Jun 10, 19:27Post
Can't say I'm actively playing any games currently, but as far as games that I start every once in a while (all PC):

- Deus Ex (can't count how many times I have played that one, still love it)
- Juiced 2 (such a promising game, but so damn Bluescreen-heavy)
- GTA IV (doing 200 through the city in sports cars, shooting criminals, doing stunts, what more could you want?)
- GTA Vice City (just cruising around the city with VRock on, good to chill)

I could add FSX, but then, I don't really consider that much of a game.
"I mean, we're in a galaxy far, far away, and we still have to change in Atlanta" (Stewie Griffin as Darth Vader)
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 02 Jun 10, 21:26Post
Cadet57 wrote:I NEVER understood the attraction of Portal. It came free when I bought Orange Box but I could never get into it. That also said. I wish Valve would hurry the hell up and get the Orange Box games out for Mac. I haven't played TF2 in ages and I am absolutely dying to...

Probably too much time with formaldehyde fumes. :))

IFEMaster wrote:StarCraft 2 (beta)
World of Warcraft
Portal
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hahaha, we all know that you shouldn't even be allowed to mock us with your gaming superiority.

DAL764 wrote:- Deus Ex (can't count how many times I have played that one, still love it)

There are several games to which I consistently return; they are:
-Deus Ex (Still great!)
-Thief I &II (Best games EVER.)
-AvP II multiplayer (Best LAN multiplayer ever, with the megamap mod.)

Also, I routinely revisit some of my favorite 4X games.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 02 Jun 10, 21:27Post
GQfluffy wrote:Pirates. :))

And Wanted (Half-Life Mod)...

Forgot to mention...Firaxis has produced some games that are simplistic, really, but addictive like crack. {tired}
davestan_ksan 02 Jun 10, 22:23Post
Cadet57 wrote:I NEVER understood the attraction of Portal. It came free when I bought Orange Box but I could never get into it. That also said. I wish Valve would hurry the hell up and get the Orange Box games out for Mac. I haven't played TF2 in ages and I am absolutely dying to...

I actually got it for free too, I think it was some sort of special promotion. I just stumbled on it at the right time. It's pretty fun, can't complain for a free game.
John 16:33 | Gary Johnson 2012
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 03 Jun 10, 17:40Post
The only electronic games I play are from the ETC column.

GT.jpg
GT.jpg (5.82 KiB) Viewed 6003 times

Golden Tee 2010. A hell of a lot of fun.
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
Airfoilsguy (Founding Member) 03 Jun 10, 21:59Post
KFLLCFII 04 Jun 10, 19:00Post
miamiair wrote:
Do you have a Commodore 64 too?

Too soon before my time.
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 04 Jun 10, 19:09Post
I recently got the Half-Life 2 game pack for the Mac now that Steam is available from Valve. I've been playing Episode 1--fun game.

PlymSpotter (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 04 Jun 10, 19:48Post
Absoloutely none. Haven't even played FSX for almost a year. Stayed off all the online games too for the best part of six months.

Now I've practically finished my degree, I might allow myself to start again - starting with FSX tonight... if I can find the discs. {boggled}
Cumulonimbus (Founding Member) 05 Jun 10, 04:37Post
Hmm .

PC
Civ 4 with Rise of Mankind mod.
World of Warcraft
FSX
CnC Generals with the Rise of the reds and shockwave mods.
Sins of a Solar Empire with the Star wars Requiem mod. ((best mod for it, adds new factions and enhances base factions and balance. Vanilla Factions can fight Star Wars factions and adds new textures fro stars and planets and new Tech trees. Very Balanced.))
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. ((2 kinda sucked))
Warhammer Dawn of War soulstorm with AI+ mod and Rise of steel. ((adds loads of vehicles spells demons tanks and upgrades as well as troops and Fabricated Buildings)) DoW 2 was not so good.
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Supreme Ruler 2020

Xbox 360

Well it's collecting dust.

Wii.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Classic SNES and nintendo titles like Super Metroid.
Super Mario Galaxy 2

PS3

Mod nation racers.
Red Dead redemtion
Some PS1 and 2 games like Lunar and Ar Tonelico.
Cross Edge
Disgaia 3
Once in a great while Modern Warfare 2 ((Kinda boring)) and Bad company 2
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 20 Jun 10, 05:26Post
Bump.

davestan_ksan wrote:

I actually got it for free too, I think it was some sort of special promotion. I just stumbled on it at the right time. It's pretty fun, can't complain for a free game.

I got it with the Half-Life 2 download pack for the Mac last month and just tried it for the first time tonight. It's much more fun than I expected but you really have to think about what you're doing to solve the puzzles.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Jun 10, 05:49Post
JeffSFO wrote:Bump.

davestan_ksan wrote:

I got it with the Half-Life 2 download pack for the Mac last month and just tried it for the first time tonight. It's much more fun than I expected but you really have to think about what you're doing to solve the puzzles.

{check}

There's a reason that it won some GotY awards. A very good game.